HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Both Sides Ch. 1(Redux)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Both Sides Ch. 1(Redux) Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Both Sides Ch. 1(Redux)
Posted by Wiley Kimball (darktemplar343@aol.com)
28 January 2005, 2:57 AM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=wiley_kimbal.0128050257282.html
Wiley K.

Location: Neutralizing the guards to 1000+ post land. They don't seem too competent.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes....Both Sides. Some of you might remember it started over the summer last year with chapter one....and thats it. I was writing up to chapter 3, when I realized that the plot was going nowhere. Now, I've decided to give it another try.

You'll notice the first 3/4 is the same, with only the ending changing.

Comments appreciated
sam_fisha

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good.

Looks like intel screwed up. Hee hee.
Wiley K.

Location: Neutralizing the guards to 1000+ post land. They don't seem too competent.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man what a cool story with only one comment...thanks guys
Wiley K.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w00t!

One comment!

My story is the 1337n355!1!!1one1!!!!!two!

Seriously, SOMEONE else comment..please?

I have pie
sam_fisha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have pie

Hand over the pie and nobody gets hurt.

But anyway I heard some people are having trouble getting into the fanfics again, maybe thats why.
sam_fisha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well your fic has one more posters than one of mine does so consider yourself lucky.
sam_fisha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I would suggest you seperate your paragraphs a lot more, they were kinda bulky.
SYSTEM
The Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to print this off and read it then. I'll get back to you once I'm finished.

Geez, that pile of computer printouts is getting a little - tall...

- Dave.

"When in doubt, empty your magazine." - Murphy's first law of combat operations.
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure to always spell out those minor numbers. Even though "500" is large, it is still simple to write: "five-hundred".

That was a pretty good concept of Tokyo. Nice futuristic sounding thing. Although, I suppose I was expecting something like Taris (from KOTOR I). Oh well. Though, I thought that through that whole description you could have done more describing. Could have set the mood more strongly.

There was a little repdetiveness and some small flow issues here and there. However, it did not hurt you too badly. It seemed to be more a part of the style you employed than a problem. It reminded me of Eric Nylunds style: Straight forward and sometimes clipped sentenses. Still, smooth things over just a tad, if you would.

Interesting ending. Though, it did go by a little quickly. Reminded me of something out of Splinter Cell. Hmm.

Overall, this was pretty good. It didn't seem to have deep roots - but, of course, this is the first chapter, so I will wait and see. I enjoyed the whole of it, and look forward to future chapters. Still, work to improve yourself; I want to see the best from you. Keep up the good work.
sam_fisha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot! Splinet Cell!

But yeah, you could have spelled out five hundred. And such. I await the next chapter.
thedarkfire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anal-retentive mouth-breather...Wouldn't want to be stuck in an elevator with him.

That, my friend came right out of Splinter Cell. I hope you did that purposfully cause I know you could have had a little better dossier than that.

I do remember this story and was itching for more before you dropped it.

O well, I like this ending better anyway.
Wiley K.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, yea thedarkfire...I pulled it on purpous. It's funny.

And MCC: Thanks for the comments, especially about style. I'm just kinda playing around with a new one, heavily inspired by Cowboy Bebop with a little Splinter Cell thrown in here and there for good measure.

The first few chapters are just sorta setting up a base for these guys. So I can refine their personalities and such. And of course this will have something to do with the story...it's a bit ambitious...one of the more challenging ones to get right. Should(Hopefully) be a good long series, probably around twenty-something chapters. Hopefully the plot will go somewhere.

Also, I'm finishing up the third chapter of the Cleansing as I type this. Expect ch.2 of this and Three of the Cleansing in either next update or the one after.

Thanks to all who commented. I'll eagerly await yours, Dave
OpeningAct

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes..... I do remember this.....I think. It was very good, and your image of Tokyo was a impressive one; it painted a real picture in my mind.

Overall it was good, keep it up. I await the next parts in this series and the Cleansing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: