HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Godsend ~ Prologue
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Godsend ~ Prologue Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Godsend ~ Prologue
Posted by Jillybean (jbean_gotmuse@yahoo.co.uk)
28 January 2005, 12:23 AM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=jillybean.0128050023331.html
Berconius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive you!? @#W%@#O'neill!@$# Crying or Very sad

Anyway, this sounds...interesting. Really isn't much more to say. Yet.
sam_fisha

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Covenant vs Goa'uld? Funky.
Commander Demitri Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to read this soon Jilly but I'd like to point out that Godsend is also a recent movie.
Commander Demitri Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok just read it, its great BUT, i've only seen 2 episodes of Stargate and I'm assuming that it is a Halo/Stargate crossover, right? That's cool. Now again my stupidity comes into play, the event horizon, I've heard the term used before but I don't know what it meens, I saw this weird Sci-Fi movie with Sam Neil called Event Horizon, but I'm guessing that they're different, can you please clarify for me?
Covie_Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The event horizon is the area around a black hole or space-time anomolie/whatever, that it's gravity takes place beyond.

Basically, the theory is that if you are standing just outside the event horizon, you're fine, but if youyou stick so much as a finger across it, you come into the effect of the black hole/ wormhole whatever. Of course, this is just a theory.

And I saw that Event Horizon movie too. That was some crazy stuff! Shocked Shocked
Covie_Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I am udderly <---(purposeful pun) confused by this story.

I assume this is meant to have a plot of some kind? If so, I missed it completely... Sad
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really didn't like how you had all those short little bits in there. It really, and I mean really took away from the flow of things. To fix that, I would say just spend more time with one thing. Develop things more. Explain, describe, let us in on more instead of jumping from one part of the big picture to another. You don't give us, or yourself, time to get a good idea of what each part of the picture you are trying to paint for us really looks like. Work on that.

Details. You could have used some more (relating to above) descriptive and explanitory details. For one, it would have set things better; for two, it would have slowed your piece down. This went really really fast.

Well, one thing I must say is that I do love Stargate SG-1. I like watching it, and I have been following almost the entire series. So, naturally, I love the combo you have going. It's quite enjoyable to think about.

Overall, I enjoyed it, but I thought it went by all too fast. Now, maybe you were just trying to get somewhere else really fast, but I thought it could have been done slightly better - especially by you. But, it still is interesting. Very much so.
Covie_Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only Stargate I've ever seen is the one where they all get caught in a time loop and only the dark-skinned guy with the silver thingy on his forehead and some other guy know whats happening.

It was funny, despite the crappy way I describe it.
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen that one a few times. Teal'c and O'Neil are the only two that know what is actually happening. And O'Neil gets stuck eating cerial every time. Teal'c, on the other hand, gets continually bashed with a door. I enjoyed that one.

But, if you like Science Fiction stuff, it's a good series for you.
Covie_Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and O'neil keeps getting asked the same question too.

Also, Teal'c finally slams the door in the other guys face.

Also, I remeber seeing another. Some aliens give them these bracelets that infect them witha virus that makes them super-fast and super strong, but it wears off. I liked that one too. (Zips through a force-field) Wink
Berconius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude. The event horizon thingy? No. It's the "we're FECKED!" point in the sense that that is the point beyond which we cannot see, ie. Light can't escape, but we'd be pretty screwed long before we crossed the event horizon if we didn't have some serious propulsion on hand.

Actual death by spaghettification doesn't occur EXACTLY at the event horizon. You'd have to be pretty darn close. Close to the singularity inside it. The difference in gravity from head to toe if you were falling in head first is great enough to physically pull a person apart. Not a pretty way to go.

The gravity of ANY object technically influences every part of the universe. The event horizon is not the marker for when the effects of the singularity's gravity begins. If this were the case, blackholes wouldn't have any force to siphon matter off nearby stars.

SG used wormholes, not blackholes. It would be a wormhole. Which is two black holes connecting two points in space through a 4th (or higher) spacial dimension. It would be a geodesic, connecting two points of our plane with a shorter route through a spacial dimension that we can't see.

Grr, my modern physics is kinda shot from disuse, sorry. I don't quite recall if the size of the event horizon is the Schwarzchild radius or not. Or even how to FIND the Schwarzchild radius.

Anyhoo, I have a bit of personal gripe with the freezer dunking of SG-1, in particular O'Neil, but I guess that's just a vehicle to get them mixed up with the Halo plot so I withdraw the @$#$@ness of earlier. Sorry!
Jillybean
Darth Diva

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a prologue, kiddies, contrary to what a lot of authors seem to think, a prologue is not chapter one.

Think on that.
HELSING

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo miss big time author(jillybean). That read like a Charles Dickens novel, really hard to follow, even for a prologue. At least there wasn't any sex or cussing.

HELSING
Jillybean
Darth Diva

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... a Charles Dickens novel?

Thanks ! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: