HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Parcel o' Rogues - Part 7 - New Order
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Parcel o' Rogues - Part 7 - New Order Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Parcel o' Rogues - Part 7 - New Order
Posted by Jillybean (jbean_gotmuse@yahoo.co.uk)
17 January 2005, 1:39 AM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=jillybean.0117050139277.html
SYSTEM
The Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't read this now, so I'll print it off and read it later. But I know it'll be good. I'll see you later.

Sorry about the recent lack of activity (I've been busy.)

- Dave.

"When in doubt, empty your magazine." - Murphy's first law of combat operations.
Covie_Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Jillybean, wow.

You're writing never ceases to amaze me. And you know whats interesting? I like your Priestess and the Warrior series better than this one. Simply because it has less action. And more intrigue.

Ooooh...intrigue -drool-
Azrael

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gotten to be one of those things where even if you have a bad day, no one really notices because each chapter is just that good.
Not much else to say. Always a good read, consistent excellency. I've just started reading your Priestess series, and so now some things are beginning to seem more clear. Before, it was a bit dodgy.

Cheers
Jillybean
Darth Diva

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I hate this chapter. I sort of lost interest in this series when Fulsamee and Jalahass got to be more interesting, but I do feel a sense of loyalty to Kate.

Hopefully the new Cronus/Cortana angle will give me some enthusiasm
Phædrus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that you continue this series. Although it's not 100% as good as "The Priestess and the Warrior" it is good enough compared to eveything else that it should be contiued. As I have said before: you are one of the best.
thedarkfire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story Jilly. Although I do admit the only thing making me come back is the angle of Kate. I would love to see where you take Cronus now. I found a new thing to hold on to for this story.
LordsFire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you said it yourself Jilly, you'd rather be writing Priestess and the Warrior. Finish that story, and then come back to this if you wish. You have glimmers of your skill in this chapter, but almost none of the heart that makes your stories so special.
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh but don't I hate when that happens. You are writing two different things, but then you find yourself more interested in one than the other. Then, when writing about the other, your mind is focused on your favorite, distracting you and lowering the quality.
Well, I suppose you have to like one more than the other, and I would agree with your choice. But, please do keep writing this one. I find it very interesting.

Well, I suppose that through observation of your work, I can only conclude that it is your writing style; but you seem to not include a high level of descriptive details - about characters or the setting. Perhaps it would clutter things up and cause them to pass in a way that would not lend itself to the greater good of your tale, but, it's just something I had noticed.

Overall, this one seemed to pass quickly, but it was still of high quality. I have seen small improvements from the start to now. Very good.
HoZ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was nice...real nice...
Berconius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admittedly, I am more drawn to the Priestess series. It seems more original and it flows more naturally.

Still, this series is pretty fun. The Cronus/Cortana angle does more to interest me than the Kate angle, though I do find that to be worth reading about as well.

I do agree with MCC though. Your writing style appear to skirt details a lot. Specifically the scene with Miranda, John, and the informant. It seemed like he kind of appeared, talked, scratched his head, and went poof. His appearance felt like a deus ex machina.

Well, if you ever have doubts about finishing this, I'm pretty sure I speak for all of us when I say that even in the face of your Priestess series, this one deserves expansion and closure. Cheers!
Commander Demitri Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must read this, have been holidaying and havn't seen any new stuff, OOHH!!!! Ghosts of Erebus is out got to go...now!
FaithPlusOne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, I suppose that through observation of your work, I can only conclude that it is your writing style; but you seem to not include a high level of descriptive details - about characters or the setting. Perhaps it would clutter things up and cause them to pass in a way that would not lend itself to the greater good of your tale, but, it's just something I had noticed.

I agree, I'm glad someone else thought so, was beginning to wonder if I was nuts.
Guardian
BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a question.

1. How old are you?

That was amazing, and other than that, please post your next chapter soon. I really want to know the conversation between Cortana and Cronus.
Jillybean
Darth Diva

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eighteen

The next chap will be out when it's out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: