HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long Time Gone Part 34

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Long Time Gone Part 34 Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Long Time Gone Part 34
Posted by grylsy (grylsy@hotmail.com)
11 January 2005, 1:41 PM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=grylsy.01110513412434.html
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's long past time that this story got a comment.

Well, I am still noticing the same stuff. You need to beef it up.

Like at the beginning. You could have explained an described a whole lot more about everything. The situation, what people were thinking, more of what was found. All that sort of stuff.

Watch your sentense structure, too. You had some places where your punctuation was off. And so, your sentense didn't flow or read all that well. Try to weed those kinds of mistakes out.

Why were AA teams doing the searching? I would have thought someone else would have done it. Like, they would have called in some Marines who would have gone in there combat-ready searching for the assaulters and what not.
That just makes more sense to me.

I think you inadvertantly made the whole Chris thing way too obvious and straight forward in Alison's mind. You had the connection in your head, and so made an obvious one in the story.
You should have had her wonder more. Wonder why she had been spared, and perhaps Chris could have been responsible for her not being killed. Show a logical progression of thought; not just instant knowledge and conclusions.

I also thought that the whole scene with ONI and Chris was in the same way slightly over the top and not fully believable. Stuff was just off.
And the on top of that, you went from like "shit, he's in trouble, ONI doesn't like trouble, he might get killed or something" to "yeah, but it was okay, and she can like join ONI and get laid by you again" really fast.

Overall, well, I didn't all too much care for the soap opera feeling it had. Things happened to fast and without much detail for backing. So, fix that. But, do keep writing. And good luck with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: