HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Halo: Stealth Combat Evolved: Part 1-Chapter 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Halo: Stealth Combat Evolved: Part 1-Chapter 3 Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Halo: Stealth Combat Evolved: Part 1-Chapter 3
Posted by Mind_Affecting_Parasite (pbplayer_24@yahoo.com)
3 August 2004, 4:58 PM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=mind_affecti.0803041658544.html
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't really all for the interuptions thing. It broke up the flow of the flashback-ish thing. I guess it was supposed to. There were a few places where I almost got bored, but still wanted to keep reading. Also, there was a little issue with flow in other places; it wasn't too bad, but it could have been helped. The occasional spelling or grammar mistakes too, you need to be more vigilent with those, make sure to read it over before you post it. It seems like your leaning your story more to the Halo side than the SC side; which is a good thing in that this is a Halo based story. I like your reference to two thoughts out of the books. I think that the first was from FS from Fred, and the second was from tFoR from MC. Nice incorperation, without cutting and pasting.
And oh, I liked how you made them not shoot out all the lights of the metro thing. The AI in SC ins't really advanced enough to do more than walk over, look around, and go back to whatever. But at least they look for you. In a story though you have the potential to make the "AI" as smart as you want it. I'm not fully sure about the lights not fully lit in the halls. On the TaR all the halls are lit up like a Dutch Brothel, but it wouldn't have the feel of SC without darkness.
Oh, yes, the length. Like I said, I almost got bored in a couple places, but it was written well enough to keep me reading. That looked like it was bordering on the submission limit. Good work. Keep it up.
Mastergrunt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it a lot. The stealth based mission was very cool. You had lots of details but the interrupting and all did take away a bit from the story and smoothness. I'm looking forward to your next Enemy within chapter. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: