HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Revenge of a Goddess

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Revenge of a Goddess Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Revenge of a Goddess
Posted by Cailus (suliac.griffin@hotmail.co.uk)
11 January 2013, 1:28 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Cailus0111131328121.html
eb4642
IRC Channel Operator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as first submissions go (because, as a rule, they're terrible) this really surprised me. You've got a solid start of a good story here, and it's always great to see a new writer posting to HBOFF. Welcome Smile

Your grammar is nominally perfect, save for a couple of slip-ups I've spotted (it might be worth getting someone else to read your story beforehand so you catch these before it gets posted.) Your choice of language is a bit odd, however, and does jar occasionally.

It's not enough to get a handle on how well defined your characters are, but the dialogue is very sharp and I'm very fond of Monty. (Then again, I am a sucker for all AIs with a wicked sense of humour!) The scenario is believable, although I'm not sure on the finer canon details (so I hope someone else will step in and check this for me.)

This reads like a set-up for a longer story, but it stands up very well on its own. It's not perfect, but it's a good start, and I look forward to reading more of your work soon. Keep writing!
Cailus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the criticism, I do appreciate it. You're right, as this is the start of a small series...although you'll be hard pushed to see it as a masterpiece, or any of my characters as "well-defined". That may come in a different series, but this is purely fun. Writer's chocolate, if you will. ^_^

Second chapter will (depending on our lords and masters) come up tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: