HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Price of Survival

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: The Price of Survival Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

The Price of Survival
Posted by CaptainRaspberry (jptaber@gmail.com)
8 June 2011, 8:59 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=CaptainRaspb0608112059521.html
Mark Lieberg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was quite literally shocked by how amazing you have written this piece CR.

I definantly got the chills near the end though. Now if you'll excuse me...I'll be reading the first two.
#179/1204
"Studying Computer Information Systems (That's Programming for you retards out there)"
CaptainRaspberry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God dammit. I forgot to include the series name in the title field.

That's gonna bug me to my grave.

Mark Lieburg wrote:
I definantly got the chills near the end though.

If I may ask, what gave you chills? I'm glad my writing managed to elicit an emotional response, but I'm curious as to what part exactly. I didn't think the chapter really ended on a chilling note.

Current Project: Ha ha ha!
Mark Lieberg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be weird, but I absolutely could imagine this scene vividly. This was what I was refering too haha.

Quote:
"That's what Gemmen is for." The lieutenant nodded towards the respective Marine. "During the war, he distinguished himself by single-handedly enacting Cole Protocol for Facility KNOSSOS on Reach during the fall. At that time, he worked beside several AI to shut down their cores and prevent their acquisition by Covenant forces while under fire. Earned you a bronze star, didn't it, Sergeant?"

"Yes, sir." Gemmen felt all the eyes in the room on him. He shifted backwards in his seat a little.

A knock sounded from the door. The lieutenant looked up. "That'll be our final addition. We're anticipating a lot of trouble on the ground, and it'll be her job to get you out of it. Come in!"

Whatever the Marines were expecting, it wasn't this. Through the door stepped a tank. It was encased in olive armor, head to toe; the helmet was all-covering with an opaque, oval-shaped gold visor where the face would be. It moved with a strange grace as it walked between the sergeants and up to the lieutenant, where it snapped a smart salute.

"Sir, Chief Warrant Officer Zero-Zero-Six, reporting for duty!"

He returned it. "Welcome, Chief. Take a seat." The Spartan -- Gemmen wasn't stupid, he knew what she was -- moved and sat next to the stunned buck sergeant. She didn't seem to be watching him at all, visor zeroed in on the lieutenant.

I just love it when people are shocked when they see a Spartan Very Happy
#179/1204
"Studying Computer Information Systems (That's Programming for you retards out there)"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: