HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brief History of The Flood
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Brief History of The Flood Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Brief History of The Flood
Posted by 121 Guilty-Weezel
17 December 2004, 6:41 PM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=121_guilty-w.1217041841101.html
SYSTEM
The Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Idea, but grammatical errors drag you down quite a bit. Plus, you're also going to need a better title. "Brief history of the Flood," is a report header, not a story title.

Try again, and remember, develop a plot and storyline, and enjoy what you do. Don't rush it.

- Dave.

"When in doubt, empty your magazine." - Murphy's first law of combat operations.
sam_fisha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you did a pretty good job, I'm looking around for more stuff by you.
Commander Demitri Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haven't we seen this story before? i'm sure we have...oh well
(ENS) Rabid_Gallagher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...this story does sound familier. Hope this guy didn't proscarstiate his story. The punishment? Why, it's getting a bad case of Herpies, the worst thing that could ever happen to a man.

"My appreciation for being quoted is being masked by my distaste for your incompetence, Gallagher" - Shrumertaor
Idea, Plot, Character, and Forum Signatures
sam_fisha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that yo mention it, I think i've read it somewhere. Hmm. I think it was in the story section under flood, maybe one of the thoeries Question
(ENS) Rabid_Gallagher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I mean I think I read this story before.

"My appreciation for being quoted is being masked by my distaste for your incompetence, Gallagher" - Shrumertaor
Idea, Plot, Character, and Forum Signatures
Nick Kang

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was 'Brief History of the Forerunner.'

And I liked this. It explained a lot.
Slit Throat

Location: Somewhere in the wild expanses of Southern California

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pretty good aside few gramatical errors. It is a good theory on the evolution of the Flood.

One thing though. Halo does not destroy the Flood. It destroys their food source. In other words, it kills everything but the Flood (assuming of course that the weapon mentioned was the Halo rings).
Commander Demitri Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh thats right Nick I remember now, they seemed similar thats all.
121 Guilty-Weezel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the replies, as with all my writing I noticed most of my errors after I published it, I will try to edit a little more closely next time.

As for the answer of the Gravemind's pain from the blast of the Halos, I was somewhat working from the prespective of maybe the blast effected the mental "link" they share, not really sure, but that would explain the limited number of Forerunners overwhelming the distracted Flood invasion force on the rings. I should try to better explain that stuff as well. This was really an attempt to connect some of the "Offical" source info with the story I made before (Brief Forerunner History) and to keep the elements I like, i.e. the Flood being created.

Again Thanks!
SYSTEM
The Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Hello Mr Weezel. Don't think we've ever met before.

You've got a promising career ahead of you if you keep this hard work up.

Good Luck next one.

- Dave.

Post Script - Since I do not play video games anymore, perhaps maybe you can tell me who this "Gravemind," is? I'm waiting for the Halo Books.

"When in doubt, empty your magazine." - Murphy's first law of combat operations.
Nick Kang

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gravemid is this hugely gigantic venus fly trap thing with a countless number of tentacles. It lives under the temple that the Prophet of Regret hides in (not that you'd know what that means... Rolling Eyes ). He sends MC and the Arbiter (or who that is... Rolling Eyes ) on separate missions to find something that I can't remember at the moment. He is 'supposedly' the leader of the Flood, but no one really knows.
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we don't know all that much, Dave.

Physically, he looks like a giant Flood-form-plant. No joke. Looks like a venus flytrap with tenacles. He has a deep rubly gargly voice.

As for story-wize, he is a extremely ancient being, who has been around as long oas the Forerunner. Now, since we do not know all that much about the history here, he could have been created by the Forerunner (as our author here has previously suggested), or could have been the base creature of the Flood.
We just don't know. But, he is smart, very technilogically savy, and cery old. His demenor comes across as old, not evil, but sided in a certain way.

Basically, I'm gonna have to say this Dave: get your ass on your X-Box and play through Halo 2!
It's not to experience the game, it will enrich your understanding of the Halo-verse a lot. And that is an understatement.

As for the story, well, I would comment on it... if I could see it. I'll come back later.
SYSTEM
The Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I placed my controller up on the wall long ago and I swore I would become a man of peace.

- Dave.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: