HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here Rest thy Bones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Here Rest thy Bones Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Here Rest thy Bones
Posted by Nosolee (crugg2005@gmail.com)
10 September 2010, 12:42 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Nosolee0910100042441.html
kr1
IRC Channel Operator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is quite good, Nos. You do a great job creating a believable world in Circumstance, and weave in nice bits of canon here and there to really make it feel like a part of the larger Halo universe, like the reference to the Agincourt. There were a few GPS errors here and there, but nothing too big or distracting.

I thought your style was interesting here, too. Normally, I'd find prose like what you used here as overly florid and distracting from the style. Coming from the point of view of an older classics professor, though, it makes a lot of sense, and works well for the story.

Anyways, great work. It's good seeing old members coming back, even if you were long before my time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to hand it to you. This is one remarkable piece of work. I absolutely love the style. And the imagery and emotion it conveys is even better.

Current Work: Hannibal's Company: The Road to Damascus
Commander Demitri Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must agree with those above. First bit of Halo prose I've read in a while and definitely one I was glad to read.
'Nosolee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much guys for the kind comments. Apologies for taking so long to post back. Quite refreshing to return at random and see that others are not only still willing to read my work, but also enjoy it. These few words--as well as Cryptum--have inspired me enough to get back to work on something new (with some added attention to GPS).

I am curious, however, as to why the HBO Fan Fic load seems to be a bit light lately...not like the gOlden days when there'd be 20+ stories to sift through.

In any event, thank you again for reading.
CaptainRaspberry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Nosolee wrote:
I am curious, however, as to why the HBO Fan Fic load seems to be a bit light lately...not like the gOlden days when there'd be 20+ stories to sift through.

Not to drift too far off topic (this is supposed to be a commentary thread, after all) but it's probably because of the lack of source material. The main trilogy is done, the others have been stand-alone games, so there's not a lot to speculate on; a great deal of fanfic writers only focus on the canon characters/settings/plots, so with it all concluded interest has waned.

All that's left are us, the hardcore writers who take pride in the quality of our work and so take the time we need to make our stuff amazing.

Also, some of us (hint: me) are finishing up our last semester at college and trying to launch honest careers in writing, so our energy is invested elsewhere. We're still writing, though.

Current Project: Ha ha ha!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: