HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Purity: A Halo Novel Pt. 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Purity: A Halo Novel Pt. 4 Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Purity: A Halo Novel Pt. 4
Posted by Jason Rieger (j.rieger@bigpond.com)
31 December 2009, 12:12 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Jason_Rieger1231091212171.html
fallschirmjager

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. This is a tough one my fellow Australian.

Although you have lot's of action and good dialogue it suffers badly from... first person narrative.

"I did this, I did that and then I ate a bag of potato chips."

Some people might like it and even I can stand it in small doses but entire an entire series is just a stretch of my patience. I can see some good story telling but it's just too repetitive for me.

There's only so many ways you can go about saying "I did this then that", you know?

Other issues? You've broken it up in smaller text walls of doom but it's still taxing to read. Break it up more and don't forget to [indent] new paragraphs.

It's definitely an interesting story and I quite liked the market scene but again it was difficult to read because of the style of narrative and the lay out of the text.

Will you keep my secrets hope to die?
Harbringer352

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... wasn't sure what this was about, at first, but Cortana's line kinda caught me.

Quote:
"This is pretty, my love," Cortana teased. "Maybe we could return on our next holiday…"

I was thrown off for a bit, wondering who the sangheilios she was talking to, and Arbiter's next line clarified some things.

It took me a while to realize she was teasing. Pretty strong teasing.

Any way, caught my attention. I'm interested to see where this will go. I also like the sound effects.

Quote:
'Psst-yeow'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: