HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mission: Rio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Mission: Rio Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Mission: Rio
Posted by Polamee (harbingerofcalamity@gmail.com )
28 December 2009, 3:04 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Polamee1228091504551.html
fallschirmjager

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shameless Custom Edition Plug? It's a good mod so I'll let it slide...

I quite liked this story. An interesting start to a series, short enough to easily get into yet long enough to develop interest in the story to come.

I was quite impressed by the dialogue of 'Anomee and I had no trouble imagining a proud Elite Fleet Master voicing those words and the outburst of the Ultra Elite was well done.

However there were still some things that bothered me.

For starters the long sentences. If you're unsure whether to break them up or just add a break, read them aloud and see if you think they read well.

But that said don't go overboard with the commas. There was one sentence there where you had twice as many if not thrice as many the required number of commas.

I quite enjoyed this line though;

"This is not a place you would expect a Covenant Prophet to be in," muttered 'Anomee, repeating my above point.

Very interesting remark there, it seems out of place but I like it. For some reason it seems like something you'd see in a movie like Monty Python or the sorts where the narrator makes the comment and a few seconds later the actor repeats it as there own oblivious to the narrators frustration.

Overall great start to a series. I'm interested in how you'll write your combat scenes.

Will you keep my secrets hope to die?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: