HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Bright Librarian

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: The Bright Librarian Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

The Bright Librarian
Posted by CaptainTony (FieryHabaneros@gmail.com)
23 December 2009, 12:43 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=CaptainTony1223090043461.html
kabu
IRC Channel Operator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy. You are going to catch a lot of flak for this one. "Live long and prosper," the "Galactica," pop-culture references don't go over well (except in parody). I'm going to let somebody else start tearing into you for writing a Forerunner perspective.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kabu wrote:
Oh boy. You are going to catch a lot of flak for this one. "Live long and prosper," the "Galactica," pop-culture references don't go over well (except in parody). I'm going to let somebody else start tearing into you for writing a Forerunner perspective.

Honestly, I didn't like the Prologue (what this is) very well after posting it. I'm not going to blame this on the lack of Forerunner culture that we know of, but I had no platform to base the Forerunners off of, and that's why I didn't appreciate it.

Therefore, their attitude, etc. is VERY similar to modern-day Humans, which in the end, I didn't find very appealing. Hopefully Origins and the first Forerunner Trilogy installment will aid me in focusing on a better and more refined Forerunner culture, doctrine, etc. in the present day (post-Great War), when the Office of Naval Intelligence makes a Section Three division solely established to find lost artifacts and facilities, hoping to learn more about them.

As for the lame pop-culture references, I accidentally kept the place holder content in when I submitted it without notice. Yet another reason why it's very, very bad. Wink

Then again, I haven't wrote a proper fan fiction story in a few years, so that's why it's crappy. Again, I apologize if anyone had any issues with this prologue, but please, feel free to critique it in any way possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: