HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Green Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Green Eyes Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Green Eyes
Posted by Kiddo
11 December 2009, 4:30 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Kiddo1211090430341.html
Shurmanator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... that was one of the most self- contrasting stories I've ever seen. And I'm not entirely sure that's a bad thing.

It clearly is a beautiful piece of prose; your descriptions flow and blend seamlessly with the plot-line, if bringing up more than a few run-on sentences. But they didn't distract from the overall plot, so it wasn't a big deal.
Now, the plot itself was fairly original, and told in a thoughtful way. In the beginning, I was impressed with the spacing and pace; your reveal of the protagonist's environment through the professor's speech was well done. And the descriptions of the ONI agents was spot-on.

The problem with this story, in my opinion, is the end. You have a well-paced, deep story being set up, filled with dramatic metaphors and such, and it just ENDS. It's not a particularly unbelievable ending, just its such a short, choppy one. It doesn't fit with the rest of the mood of the story at all; it's fast, its not descriptive, and its rushed.
In the end, however, you created a well written story, for the most part. I would have liked to see a series out of this, because it had potential. But keep at it, good job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: