HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Luck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Luck Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Luck
Posted by Paul Shelley (Bzerker01@gmail.com)
23 September 2009, 7:42 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Paul_Shelley0923091942211.html
kabu
IRC Channel Operator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping you'd upload this!

An excellent story, really well done. Dream sequences are tricky, but you pull it off masterfully. I've seen a few takes on the whole flash-cloned children thing, this was one of the best. I especially like the descriptions in this story, of the vividly surreal thoughts and dreams. You get into his head very well.

The one stumbling point here was the ending - the dialogue and descriptions of the Spartan's rescue seems stilted and forced. When in doubt, read everything out loud, you'll pick up on the bits that stumble over themselves and fall out of place. There are a few bits earlier as well where your sentence structure gets jumbled.

Conclusion - really excellent, a great story, but could use some fixing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kabu wrote:
I was hoping you'd upload this!

An excellent story, really well done. Dream sequences are tricky, but you pull it off masterfully. I've seen a few takes on the whole flash-cloned children thing, this was one of the best. I especially like the descriptions in this story, of the vividly surreal thoughts and dreams. You get into his head very well.

The one stumbling point here was the ending - the dialogue and descriptions of the Spartan's rescue seems stilted and forced. When in doubt, read everything out loud, you'll pick up on the bits that stumble over themselves and fall out of place. There are a few bits earlier as well where your sentence structure gets jumbled.

Conclusion - really excellent, a great story, but could use some fixing.

Thanks for the comments. I think I was crunching to get it in for the contest a while back. The original idea I had involved a much longer story and the dream sequences were added when I shortened it down. Glad you liked it though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: