HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Se7en

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Se7en Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Se7en
Posted by Vickt (soresu@hotmail.com)
12 August 2009, 9:59 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Vickt0812092159541.html
JordanBBad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah.

This was incredible, Vickt. I usually don't read books all the way through unless I was forced to. It takes a lot - and I mean a LOT - to get me into a story. You, though, hit it spot on.

There isn't one thing I don't like about this. The dialogue is spectacular. You give the characters believable personalities, which I absolutely adore. The descriptions - oh gawd the descriptions - they were just beautiful; you did an excellent job at making sure that anything Miranda saw, the reader saw. The GPS was great, minus one simple spelling error that I almost missed. Although I've never tried it, I'm sure writing about a character in the storyline, like the Keyes', is a very risky take to pull off, not to mention putting things in their perspective; but you managed to pull it off, and you pulled it off well.

With that said, you especially deserve a 10. Out of 5.

GG, Vickt, GG. You've become one of my favorites. Write moar for us!
(ENS) Rabid_Gallagher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with JordanBBad's review for the most part. You have a command of dialogue and descriptions, but I thought that the ending scene, and the fight scene, dragged on just a little bit from believability to dramability. That was from my viewpoint, at least. -shrug-

Still really good, though. I'll be looking for your next additions.

"My appreciation for being quoted is being masked by my distaste for your incompetence, Gallagher" - Shrumertaor
Idea, Plot, Character, and Forum Signatures
Arthur Wellesley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good, Vickt. I have to say, this was a pleasure to read. Your style flows nicely, and you brought you really brought your characters to life. In a relatively short space, you got me caring about Miranda, her friends, and even the stalwart Captain Keyes (still a Commander here, consistent with canon). The comraderie between Miranda and the other bridge officers, and the enmity between her and Lucas, was very well done. You made Miranda, in particular, an extremely appealing person. I feel like I want to know more about her story.

My only complaint would be occasional dips in your style. While for the most part it is very good, gliding along smoothly and in an entertaining fashion, you have a few oddities which stick out. Towards the beginning you used caps to signify yelling; at times, your narrative had rather silly asides; and most of all, you overused paraetheses, which in my opinion ought not to be used at all. Tighten up your style a little bit and you'll be a truly great writer.

I'm not sure if you're planning to continue this or not, but either way, you've found a new fan. Excellent work, Vickt. Hope you stick around.

- Arthur
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: