HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attack On Installation 06: Finale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Attack On Installation 06: Finale Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Attack On Installation 06: Finale
Posted by Jake Trommer (wedgefan@comcast.net)
6 August 2009, 9:40 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Jake_Trommer0806092140301.html
Col. Knadan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake, I'm going to be completely honest when I say this. This is one of the best fan fic series I have read I am going to be sad that it's done. I've been looking forward to a to a new chapter every update. Keep up the good work Jake, you're one of the best writers I've seen.

"This doesn't seem physically possible!", Micky, RedvsBlue The Blood Gulch Chronicles
eb4642
IRC Channel Operator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I am so terribly sorry that I didn't comment before, but I just couldn't tear myself away from Master Chief and the Wang Monster.

It was mostly excellent: the only things I'm slightly worried about are the 'rerouting auxiliary power to engines' (engines eat fuel, not power) and the fact it seemed a little contrived. Nevertheless, apart from that, it was brilliant.

(PS: I'm back on IRC now - I was busy chasing the cat.)
kr1
IRC Channel Operator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work, Jake. The opening scene is much improved over the first draft you sent me. I agree with eb, parts were a little contrived, like leaving just Dubbo when a few more marines would've solved the problem entirely. I did enjoy that scene, though, and your relationship between him and Stacker throughout. Enjoyed Harper and Easley's mentions, even if the former belongs to Ster ( Razz ). My only real complaint is that for whatever reason, it seemed much too quick. Still a good read, though.

And congrats on joining those few who completed a series! You and Arthur in one week!
IRC Channel Operator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much all the praise I had for your first draft still stands - an amazing finale to an amazing series. I love that you upped the tension with the detonation - it works really well. If I had one complaint, it would be that Dubbo's death wasn't fleshed out some more, but compared to the rest of this excellent chapter, it's a fairly minor nitpick.

Great job. I look forward to whatever you have coming up next Smile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: