HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fic Pick of the Week (July 10)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kr1
IRC Channel Operator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Fic Pick of the Week (July 10) Reply with quote

We've only got one story this week, sadly, and it looks like our comparative flood of submissions lately might be slowing down. Or it might just be an off week, what with the focus now being on the contest. But anyways, what we lack in quantity is certainly made up for in quality this week, with eb's final entry in The Bright Green Dot. So by default, but certainly not undeserving, the Fic Pick of the Week is:

The Bright Green Dot: Beware of Cat by 4642 Elitist Bastard

I was a little wary of how this started off. It's not on the Autumn like the previous chapters, but on Luna, only a bit before Halo 2. So how Floyd survived had me worried. But then eb mentioned the names of the characters he was with--Stacker, Dubbo, Lovik--he pretty much took care of all the miscellaneous Alpha Halo survivors. That kind of continuity wrangling always adds to a story.

The rest of the story itself is like previous chapters. The Chief is more or less lost in everyday situations, but Floyd manages to help him out a bit. It's a nice change of pace from the more serious pieces, and I enjoy eb's take on the Chief, even if he seems a bit too childish. My only other real complaint is that I don't think the Chief would make that kind of slip with classified information. And I thoroughly enjoyed the ending, as well.

So, all in all, a great read. Give it a look, people, it's the only story we've got this week! And here's hoping for more submissions from the rest of you next week. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the other one should've won! Very Happy Good job, eb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: