HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soldier Girl: Part 11.5 - Breach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Soldier Girl: Part 11.5 - Breach Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Soldier Girl: Part 11.5 - Breach
Posted by Adam Stark (Xvash2@sbcglobal.net)
19 June 2009, 9:26 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Adam_Stark0619090926491.html
UNSC Trooper

Location: Overlooking a rebel hideout from an orbiting UEG patrol frigate.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're doing a pretty good job with this series, Adam. Though your action and combat narration has improved from your last chapters, you've got occasional redundant words popping up here and there, as well as punctuation errors in most of your narration.

But first, I didn't like this.

Quote:
Now get out of my sight, and send someone more capable on your way out."
"Did you not just hear me? Get the hell out of here you incompetent retard, don't you realize you just got an entire platoon wiped out? If I can't do it, someone else will. Now go."

That whole temper tantrum didn't really seem necessary or reasonable to me. Sure, getting a platoon wiped out would probably make a CO kick the lard out of his officer's ass, but it seems his anger is fake since he's naive enough to have the "retard" point someone more competent of duty his way. Moreover, it's particularly unnecessary in the beginning of a chapter, in my opinion.

Quote:
When they did, it was an agonizing pace, the two halves pulling away from each other at a snail's pace.

Example of a small redundancy.

Quote:
"And one more thing," said Austin as he removed his helmet, running his hand over his buzzed hair, "blow the facility. Command said it was obsolete anyways."

Should be:

Quote:
"And one more thing," said Austin as he removed his helmet, running his hand over his buzzed hair. "Blow the facility. Command said it was obsolete anyways."

Punctuation error, which makes the paragraph look a bit ugly.

I liked the way you described the facility's history in the beginning, and most of your combat is sound. You just need to work on the things I mentioned.

Good job. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: