HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Limits of Trust

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Limits of Trust Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Limits of Trust
Posted by Aaron Burgess (gaspartan1138@yahoo.com)
1 October 2008, 2:24 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Aaron_Burges1001080224041.html
Zephyr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely has potential. However, generally your sentence construction was a little odd. The language was a bit basic, work on that. Your portrayal of the Elites was quite inaccurate; they need to talk formally and with a good deal of embellishment.

There were some very good bits, like this:
Quote:

I have wandered the halls of time

I really liked that line. Interesting story, but also you probably want to flesh out the chapters a lot more. Detail and transition were almost completely absent.
DevilsInject

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good read, and has alot of potential.

I found that the portrayment of the Elites was to.. human. They are a very well spoken, formal race. Try to stick to very "proper" dialoge in future storys where Elites are the main focus.

Also, try to post chapters seperatly. I find if you throw it at the audience in well written, short chapters, it leave critics and reader alike, wanting more.

Mike Twisted Evil
AtinMando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually surprised that nobody commented on the cliffhanger ending. I didn't think it was as huge as Halo 2's, but it was still pretty steep. Not to worry though, I am working on the 3rd book now, and I can tell everyone that it will make you go like Shocked . But, in all seriousness, I think I could have done better with the wording in the first half. I stopped working on it for awhile and went back to it after an incident with one of the main characters (All of the main characters are my real life friends.) caused me to have to take her out of the story. (Cookie for anyone who can guess who.) But, if anyone wants a sneak peek at the 3rd book, just PM me and I'll give you the first few chapters when I get them done.

Oh, and BTW, I am the author. I am new here, so I didn't know that it would be a different name from my screen name and the author name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: