HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Priestess and the Warrior - Erudite Celebrant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: The Priestess and the Warrior - Erudite Celebrant Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

The Priestess and the Warrior - Erudite Celebrant
Posted by Jillybean (jillybean@bungie.org)
29 May 2008, 9:00 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Jillybean0529082100221.html
CarbonElite

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE IT! STILL LOVE IT! WILL KEEP ON LOVING IT!

I especially liked the interaction between the medic and Usze, such an awkward situation for them that just seems to ooze tension and unfamiliarity of the species and the uneasy alliance that has taken shape. Plus I'm a sucker for Sangheili stories. XD
The 14th Wonder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is even better than Touchdown

Your dialogue is great and you pull off the personalities of each character and each species perfectly. You also integrate seamlessly with the Halo 3 plot. Images of the opening "Sierra 117" cutscene flashed straight into my mind.

Superbly executed. I saw one grammatical error but it was insignificant enough that I don't remember.

You've got another huge fan Smile
Dagorath

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jillybean,

What a great piece of writing! I had the pleasure of reading "Touchdown" as well, and I think you captured the interactions between the humans and Elites very well - Keyes's confusion about whether to hate the Arbiter or not, the ever-changing relationship between the Arbiter and the Chief, and that thrilling battle in the stream. I also admired your narrative of the scene between Saia and the Brutes, which really served to flesh out their characters as well. It is these interactions which really lend a soul to your series.
kr1
IRC Channel Operator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work, again. I really enjoy the Elite perspectives, especially the Arbiter's. Saia's is interesting in a different way, though, offering bits and pieces of Sangheili culture besides warfare. You've done a good job handling the Human-Elite alliance, too, and I liked the inclusion of the other two playable Elite characters.

My favorite part, though, was the different take on the line, "were it so easy."

Very nicely done. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: