HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Omnia Vincit Amor: Chapter 1: Homecoming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Omnia Vincit Amor: Chapter 1: Homecoming Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Omnia Vincit Amor: Chapter 1: Homecoming
Posted by (ENS) Rabid_Gallagher (rabid_masterchief@hotmail.com)
21 May 2008, 2:29 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=ENS_Rabid_Ga0521081429241.html
UNSC Trooper

Location: Overlooking a rebel hideout from an orbiting UEG patrol frigate.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2183? Intergalactic society? ... Star Trek! LoL just kidding. Razz

Seriously though, this is intriguing. I see the Chief has traveled back in time ... but it's weird, considering Halo canon. The only explanation for this I think is an "alternate history" right?

Apart from a few typos, this is solid work, and I love the multiple side-stories with the Chief, Rebeca and the Admiral. Good luck with your new series, mate!
(ENS) Rabid_Gallagher

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! It was tough trying to tie in the different plots together, but I think I got a solid plotfix to make it work. You know, dimensional shit and stuff.

But, kind of. This history is based on if humanity found a working mass generator in the Arcturus system, since this is a union between Mass Effect and Halo.

"My appreciation for being quoted is being masked by my distaste for your incompetence, Gallagher" - Shrumertaor
Idea, Plot, Character, and Forum Signatures
kr1
IRC Channel Operator

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an interesting concept. I've toyed with doing a Halo-Star Wars crossover myself.

Few things, though. John seems really out of character. The cursing, the internal monologue, and the mention that he wasn't afraid. Part of the Chief's characterization is that he's afraid often, he just doesn't let it get to him. Cortana seems OOC, too. She's cool and efficient and not really at all bitter in her POV scenes.

The Mass Effect stuff seemed fine, though. It was a little odd how they told the Chief off the bat the year, though, and even odder they didn't just open fire when he pointed a gun at them. Some of the dialogue seemed a bit too much like it was talking more to the reader than the Chief, too, in explaining the Mass Effect universe.

This is just the beginning, though. Once you've got all the explanation stuff out of the way this should be fun.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. You got to go through the red tape shit in the beginning of any crossover before you get to the good shit, as in the next episode.

"My appreciation for being quoted is being masked by my distaste for your incompetence, Gallagher" - Shrumertaor
Idea, Plot, Character, and Forum Signatures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: