HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You Know My Name: Intermission: Adbridged Lies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: You Know My Name: Intermission: Adbridged Lies Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

You Know My Name: Intermission: Adbridged Lies
Posted by (ENS) Rabid_Gallagher (rabid_masterchief@hotmail.com)
24 January 2008, 3:26 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=ENS_Rabid_Ga0124081526471.html
Spartan006

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I agree, sir. The more and more that bastard pulls on him, the more and more he gains. I say we do a preemptive strike. Assassination, probably"
You have no period! I read no more of this trash!

Sorry, Gallagher...couldn't resist. Anyway, on to the story. I really liked the way you described the events as they unfolded, I was a little lost because this is the first one that I've read, but even with that it was still very enjoyable. As for GPS, that part I quoted was the only thing I noticed. Nice one, 10/10.
Mad Max

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for the final part. This really pulled me in, and honestly, just like Spartan 006 pointed out, that was the only mistake i noticed. I also really like the title for some reason. It just appeals to me.

EDIT: Except I just discovered that in the title, its supposed to be "Abridged Lies", not ADbridged Lies. Embarassed
Arthur Wellesley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read the series up until this point, so this will cover it all.

I have to say, there were quite a number of technical errors throughout this series, particularly with verb and tense confusion. It became a little distracting at times. I reccomend a little more proofreading.

The series as a whole, however, was quite good. It was very entertaining throughout, with good characterization and solid dialogue. The plot was very interesting, though, with a great many unique touches to the Halo storyline. A good use of established characters, including Ackerson and, of course, the Chief, kept this a compelling piece.

Unfortunately, I thought the interesting plot was hampered by presentation. The myriad elements of this series were kept disparate by a lack of transition. New characters were introduced without setup; going from one chapter to another - even from part to part within the same chapter - was a consistently jarring experience. This chapter was a prime example. It took me a while to get any sort of meaning from it, and even then, I was left somewhat short.

This is a really good series, made so by its interesting concept. But you need to weave it all together more effectively to tell a single narrative. Right now, it seems like I'm reading two or three different stories.

- Arthur
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: