HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You Know My Name: Intermission

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: You Know My Name: Intermission Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

You Know My Name: Intermission
Posted by (ENS) Rabid_Gallagher (rabid_masterchief@hotmail.com I swear to God, one more penis enlarger ad...)
3 January 2008, 5:28 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=ENS_Rabid_Ga0103081728131.html
UNSC Trooper

Location: Overlooking a rebel hideout from an orbiting UEG patrol frigate.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty damn good. The dialog between Ackerson and the other officers shows his real personality: A badass. Wink

The only spelling mistake I could spot was this:

Quote:
He would of gotten the informal permission,

He would have gotten' the informal permission,

Good job! Ackerson's my favorite character in the entire Halo universe (along with Major Silva). Wink
The Meep

Location: Auburn, Maine E-mail me if there are any nearby LANs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem attracted to the bad, tough, and ugly. XD

And, I also agree with you (on the story, not Ackerson). Very well written, smooth dialogue. Good job all around.

9/10

~I~
Mad Max

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UNSC Trooper wrote:
This is pretty d*mn good. The dialog between Ackerson and the other officers shows his real personality: A badass. Wink

The only spelling mistake I could spot was this:

Quote:
He would of gotten the informal permission,

He would have gotten' the informal permission,

Good job! Ackerson's my favorite character in the entire Halo universe (along with Major Silva). Wink

You must like characters who are assholes UNSC, haha just kidding. But thats what makes Ackerson such a great charcter really: he's cruel and power-hungry and well-written enough that it instills emotion in the reader.

As for ENS, I liked how it started out with the dialogue. It made me wonder what was up, and then the elaboration came in and it made it all the more sweeter. At least, for me at least. Great job!
(ENS) Rabid_Gallagher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys.

UNSC: Yeah, I saw it after I posted it. It just sounded normal to me when I said it out loud, but, -shrug-.

Meep: Thanks! I thought it was a bit choppy but glad to see I was wrong!

Max: Very Happy Thanks!

I'm in the process of writing out the second part, give it a few weeks. Then comes another intermission, and then the final part, then the epilogue concerning some of the characters.

Then I'll go back to some of my other projects, the ones that tie into this one.

And, this is the first project I had set down for plot and purpose on each part. So, this is a test story for me.

"My appreciation for being quoted is being masked by my distaste for your incompetence, Gallagher" - Shrumertaor
Idea, Plot, Character, and Forum Signatures
kr1
IRC Channel Operator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'm sure there's a lot of backstory to this I'm missing. It managed to catch my interest, though, and I agree that the dialogue was good, a lot better than the last part. You did huge blocks of it, though, and it could have used some breaking up, with maybe the speaker's expression, tone of voice, that kind of thing. I'll show you with the first paragraph, which was huge Wink :

Quote:
"Why, again, did you draw us here? To conspire? To delegate?! Why must you continue this petty discussion, Colonel? The answer is no. The follow-up is no. The recurring, recurring, answer will and always will be no. Why do you think I am here with them, instead of you? I got a few words for you, Robert. Stay. The. Fuck. Away. One more incident and it's the end for all of us."

Quote:
"Why, again, did you draw us here? To conspire? To delegate?! Why must you continue this petty discussion, Colonel?" The man slammed his palm on the hologrammic desktop before him. "The answer is no. The follow-up is no. The recurring, recurring, answer will and always will be no. Why do you think I am here with them, instead of you?

The man leaned forward, deadly serious. "I got a few words for you, Robert. Stay. The. Fuck. Away. One more incident and it's the end for all of us."

Can't think of anything else to suggest, besides that when you want to emphasize something that's already in italics, just use regular font. Anyways, this was good, but almost painfully short. Definitely catches your interest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: