HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SpecOps Star (parody)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: SpecOps Star (parody) Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

SpecOps Star (parody)
Posted by Chuckles
2 November 2007, 5:59 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Chuckles1102070559441.html
Azrael

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think parodies of songs done in the Haloverse are the stupidest things I've ever heard of. I hate them. I equally hate Nickelback. Therefore, I think you created some kind of fan fiction double-negative, because this actually made me smile.

Nice work. I'm now going to soak my head and try to get a marginally less annoying song into my head.
Spartan006

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good, Chuckles. I myself have never heard the song so it doesn't bother me as much as Az. Brings some funny to your usually dark stories. Anyhoo, I really enjoyed it, and I'll be looking forward to more of your stuff. 10/10
Chuckles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Az wrote:
Quote:
I think parodies of songs done in the Haloverse are the stupidest things I've ever heard of. I hate them. I equally hate Nickelback. Therefore, I think you created some kind of fan fiction double-negative, because this actually made me smile.

Nice work. I'm now going to soak my head and try to get a marginally less annoying song into my head.

In an environment where we strive to take some very silly things seriously for fanfic sake (Gravemind anyone?) I think parodies help clear the air and give our humor somewhere an outlet. I don't listen to Nickelback, but a guy I work with loved this song. For some reason a couple Halo lines came into my head, and then I had to write it. This didn't take any time away from Court of Darkness. Parodies are so easy to write that I almost feel lazy posting them. Thanks for the comment, Az.

Spartan006 wrote:
Quote:
Pretty good, Chuckles. I myself have never heard the song so it doesn't bother me as much as Az. Brings some funny to your usually dark stories. Anyhoo, I really enjoyed it, and I'll be looking forward to more of your stuff. 10/10

My two favorite things to write are horror and humor. I actually write a lot of humor, but not stuff I'd post on here. After COD is finished and I've banged out a couple of Short Tales of Terror that have been on hold, I plan on writing some humor. Not song parodies, mind you, but in story form. But I'd better shut up about future projects and start writing. COD's final chapter is taking on a life of its own.

Thanks for the comments.

C.T. Clown
Turpertrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: tame is lame ... Reply with quote

speaking of parodies....

You need to do a 'tame is lame' parody.

All you tame are belong to us.

Somebody set us up the lame.

Alright, alright, no one... Absolutely no one would get that joke except the two of us.

Pretty sad when awful poetry [sic] is the most outstanding memory from such a long and expensive trip.

Read Turper's stories here: http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?author=Turpertrator
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you have to do now is make a recording, Chuck. Then you'll be famous.

Anyway. Good stuff. After years of reading stories including Super-Marines, it was quite refreshing to read a poem about the concept of one. (Perhaps not the precise direction you were headed towards, but that's what cropped into my mind.) Thankfully - like '006 and unlike Az - I have not, to memory, heard this song either. I started ignoring Nickelback after - Photograph, was it? - whatever the song was started playing ten times an hour.

Nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: