HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amethyst part 1: Planetfall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Amethyst part 1: Planetfall Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Amethyst part 1: Planetfall
Posted by kr142616 (kr142616@aim.com)
24 October 2007, 2:08 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=kr1426161024070208271.html
fallschirmjager

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked this. Very interesting concept. The two varied characters give you the opportunity to describe the immorality of war and experience a devastating war zone through the eyes of a civilian and those of a trained soldier.

Some issues I had was the use of numerals. Numerals look good if you are showing a type letter or inventory statement or in the date and time titles. But in the midst of the story it sticks out like a sore thumb and in my opinion, ruins the flow of the story.

Will you keep my secrets hope to die?
kr1
IRC Channel Operator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallschirmjager wrote:
I liked this. Very interesting concept. The two varied characters give you the opportunity to describe the immorality of war and experience a devastating war zone through the eyes of a civilian and those of a trained soldier.

Some issues I had was the use of numerals. Numerals look good if you are showing a type letter or inventory statement or in the date and time titles. But in the midst of the story it sticks out like a sore thumb and in my opinion, ruins the flow of the story.

Thanks!

I normally don't use numerals in my stories, I must have forgotten to take this one out. Thanks for pointing it out, though. Was that the street name I used? That's all I could think of.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job. I like the way you developed Jeff as a character. He felt like a real person for the most part. I did have an issue, though, with how much you mentioned his name. A lot of it was just Jeff Jeff Jeff. You didn't seem to do it as much once it changed perspectives over to the Marine, so that's good.

I also like some of your descriptions. The way you described the plasma bombardment as looking like the sun was falling was pretty cool, though I'd expect that if a giant flaming plasma bomb hit just a few kilometers away, Jeff and his girlfriend would be wisps of smoke in the charred air. A minor plot hole, but I'll go with it.
kr1
IRC Channel Operator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Kang wrote:
Nice job. I like the way you developed Jeff as a character. He felt like a real person for the most part. I did have an issue, though, with how much you mentioned his name. A lot of it was just Jeff Jeff Jeff. You didn't seem to do it as much once it changed perspectives over to the Marine, so that's good.

I also like some of your descriptions. The way you described the plasma bombardment as looking like the sun was falling was pretty cool, though I'd expect that if a giant flaming plasma bomb hit just a few kilometers away, Jeff and his girlfriend would be wisps of smoke in the charred air. A minor plot hole, but I'll go with it.

I did kind of think of that, and what I came up with was that it was just a small plasma bomb, since most of the Covie capital ships were busy in orbit and couldn't be too distracted. It is a bit of a stretch, though. Thanks for the comments. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: