HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Lost Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Lost
Posted by kr142616 (kr142616@aim.com)
8 October 2007, 7:40 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=kr1426161008071940041.html
kr1
IRC Channel Operator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone who read my older story "Brother", this is a sequel of kinds. It features the same character, but years later.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, seemed kinda rushed to me, specially the ending of this story.

I notice this too:

Quote:
"Calm down, sarge, it's just me," Chan said. He looked like he might laugh. "It's your watch." The corporal held out a shotgun.
O'Brian took it, grumbling, and crawled out of his warm sleeping bag. "Who's got next watch?" he asked.
"Waters and Tinier again, sir. We figured we'd let you sleep."
"Well, tell everyone thanks. And don't mention I almost smoked you," he said. The squad already had enough stories about their crazy old sergeant. They didn't need to hear any more, particularly one like this. The other squads were already afraid of him.
O'Brian took the shotgun from the private, and moved towards the end of hallway. Behind him, he heard Phillips waking Dalton for his watch. He nodded over his shoulder to them, and turned back to the hallway exit, where an unpleasant mist swirled.

Apparently he took two shotguns from two different people. Or did he take another from the same corporal that first gave him one? Watch for little things like that to avoid some confusion.

Another thing. Try to be more descriptive and detailed on what's going on. But this was a pretty good read, mate.

I'm gonna try and read Brother and I wish you luck for the future.

Hail,
Lord Beleth
"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all." -Isaac Asimov
kr1
IRC Channel Operator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I'm not sure what happened there. I think I might have used another character originally, but switched it to someone else later on. Either way, it's just a silly mistake, no other meaning or anything.

As to it seeming rushed, I didn't spend as much time editing the second half as I did the first. I had just the first half finished for a good couple months before I finally finished this. I think it's partially just how I write, though. Most of my stories are really short, and I have trouble trying to draw them out. I guess that's something I need to work on.

Anyways, thanks for the comments, and I'm glad you liked it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: