HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tip of the Spear Part I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Tip of the Spear Part I Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Tip of the Spear Part I
Posted by Wesmed91 (Wesmed91)
19 September 2007, 11:37 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=0919072337361.html
Spartan006

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Wesmed, welcome to hboff. Your story was pretty good, but it was also pretty short. Try and lengthen it out next time. Another thing, instead of using parentheses use commas. Then there's the CODE which you can read about here. Read up on that and use it in your next story. You did good, keep it up. 7/10
Lord Beleth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, its was somewhat near ok for your first fan fic. But I have to say, the numbers seemed kinda ridiculous to me and trying to give exact amounts of each species of Covenant wasn't too professional looking to me. If you want to give the reader an idea of how many troops they have deployed. Just say something like this, for example, quarter million plus Covenant troops deployed. And try to make it seem realistic next time.

The story itself lacks a lot of details. Remember to ALWAYS use lots of details about the characters, the environment, and what is going on around the characters physically and mentally. By the time the story started I was done reading it wondering what I just got done reading. There wasn't much to go on to really let you know what's going on in the story. I didn't learn much about the main character either, except that he is a sniper and a religious man. His other traits are unknown.

Just remembered to use more details next time. Get us more into the characters head and try a lot harder to make it more realistic.

Good luck.

Hails,
Lord Beleth
"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all." -Isaac Asimov
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: