HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spotter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Spotter Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Spotter
Posted by kr142616 (kr142616@aim.com)
21 June 2007, 7:29 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=kr1426160621071929171.html
kr1
IRC Channel Operator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, this is just another quick story I wrote a while ago. It's doesn't really have much action, and the whole idea stemmed from an idea for an antitank rifle. I thought it was okay, and I'd appreciate any comments and criticism.
DbC7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story man, really great. I loved all of it. And I read Brother as well. Keep writing, your very good.
Azrael

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a single story, right? It's pretty good, you know what you're doing. The dialouge is fine, you give it the tone of two guys who are working together but don't know each other extremely well yet. That came through.

You mashed together field dotted into "fielddotted," but that was the only glaring error I saw.

Your characterization was good. Malcolm is definitely the more mature of the pair, and you did that well in the bits where O'Hare didn't know how to respond to Malcolm's comment about O'Hare's rifle, as well as their reactions to the Longsword run. It was good. The picture-taking was nice, too. Humanizes the the characters, which I think is critical in any story.

Solid work, though I do think you could have expanded on the scene. You did a nice job of showing us the field, but I would have liked to have gone inside the characters just a BIT more. But if that's all I have to complain about, you did a fine job.

Keep writing and posting. I liked this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: