HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Submission Policy (December 22, 2006)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Announcements, Guidelines, and FAQs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: New Submission Policy (December 22, 2006) Reply with quote

I'm currently struggling to process the submissions for this week's fiction update, and one author has made me crazy enough that I'm changing the rules.

You can submit no more than 3 entries in any given week. Because of the way the entries are organized and displayed, we can't (usefully) hold an entry over until next week (because when it gets posted, it'll be buried in last week's list of stuff, and nobody will see it) - so if you submit more than three, all the later ones will simply be deleted. You're welcome to resubmit them the following week, but we're not going to be responsible for keeping track of them if you break the 3-per-week rule.

Fan Fiction updates are pretty darned predictable - they happen on Fridays, usually in the morning, EST. If you're writing a story, and you KNOW you're going to be submitting more pieces of it over the course of the week... HOLD OFF SUBMITTING UNTIL YOU'RE DONE. Submit the story in a single post on Thursday, instead of (as in this case) 8 pieces over the course of 5 days. (Which wouldn't be so bad, except they're all labeled the same - there are 3 - no, 4 - separate 'part 2's - THEY'RE NOT EVEN THE SAME, they're simply mislabeled.)

I'm going to do the work to combine these into a single post (I think, though I might get frustrated before the end), because this rule is new as of today - but I'm never doing this again. From here on in, if you can't be bothered to organize your submissions at a level where they're decipherable by a reasonably competent webhost, you'll have to find a different place to submit them.

And before you ask - no, turning this over to someone else would NOT solve the problem - this job should NOT be the job of the FF section maintainers, it should be the job of the authors.

(And lest someone think I'm painting the entire community with the same broad brush - I realize that 90% of you don't do this, that most people actually take care with their submissions, proof-read them, organize them... but the few who don't make the workload here considerably harder to handle, and I want this stuff written down so that the next time it happens, and I go crazy with the delete button, and someone sends me a nasty email about how I'm stifling their creativity, I can have something to point to and say "it was your job to have read this, go away." Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Announcements, Guidelines, and FAQs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: