HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dies Irae- I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Dies Irae- I Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Dies Irae- I
Posted by Cthulhu117 (azathoth117@gmail.com)
30 November 2006, 8:44 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Cthulhu1171130062044541.html
houseoftang

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the part about Unggoy being afraid of pits, and the other details about the Unggoy that aren't a part of the official canon. That's the kind of thing that makes a fan-fic interesting. Expansion on the canon universe in ways that don't alter it or add to it (unlike fancy new inventions and such).

And Buz the Jackal. . . he should have made some snappy astronaut comment. Although ever since seeing the Another Day at the Beach video, and given that Jackals never have their language translated in either game, I've been thinking of their "speech" as something less than language, at least as we use it. But the knife bit was very Jackal-like, to my way of thinking. It feels right.

The way the Dies Irae ended up leaving the Solar System (who'da thunk it?!?!) was great. I was wondering how you'd get around the problems of distance and time.

By the way, you gave me an idea for a story of my own. Thanks. Excellent as always, and this series is getting better and better. Keep up the great work!
Arawn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting story. I assume that it has something to do with how the Human-Covenant War started? Even if it isn't, still pretty good. Keep it up!
teemas

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent smooth read. Kept me interested the whole way through. Ill look out for the next one. Keep it up.
Azathoth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not necessarily how the war started, but it certainly simplified things for the Covenant.
Halo Fanatic 2006

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I haven't actually read it yet because of damn Mcafee secuirity service but I bet it's good- just like so many others of your stories (Don't mind me, I'm just jealous Evil or Very Mad ). Oh, an before I do read it, does it have anything to do with Commander?
Azathoth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm. Not quite sure at this point, but probably not. Actually, while I was just typing that, I got a really good idea...so, no. Nothing to do with Commander. Unless you count that I'm writing it as an excuse not to have to work on Eraa and Orna's Excellent Adventure. Laughing
Kodyack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Story.... Now where could they be in the covenent ship?.... are they even in the covenent ship. Both very provocitive questions.
Azrael

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was great. Your human dialouge was very good, and your flavoring of the Jackal language was well done, too.

This is a very interesting premise and has great potential. Looking forward to the next chapter very much.
Guardian
BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the story, but tell me the guy above "I like the part about Unggoy being afraid of pits, and the other details about the Unggoy that aren't a part of the official canon. " Did he type in that the Unggoy aren't Canon or did I read it wrong?
Azathoth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he meant that the Unggoy fear of pits from my story isn't canon. But the sentence structure was a little awkward.
Commander Demitri Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Folks need heroes, man. It gives 'em hope for their goddamn pathetic lives.
I lol'd. Seemless integration of that quote. Reading on from your intro, this was good, I didn't see what your little Grunt story had to do with it (naturally) until your nice description of the Covenant's generators, but it was refreshing to have some back story to it. Good work, looking forward to more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: