HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whispers of the Fallen: Chapter 2- He's got You and Me, Brot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Whispers of the Fallen: Chapter 2- He's got You and Me, Brot Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Whispers of the Fallen: Chapter 2- He's got You and Me, Brother, In His Hands
Posted by Pwnocchio (envydryisland@aol.com)
23 September 2006, 3:55 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Pwnocchio0923060355461.html
Matthiasthe14th

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, not bad, but "Spartan" is always "SPARTAN", and "Oni" is always--always "ONI".

I liked how you tied in the dream with the talk between God and Satan in the book of Job, although I'd wouldn't have thought of Cortana representing the devil.

One more thing. I don't quite think that John would be so openly hostile to Johnson, since they're all okay with one another at any other documented time... Wink

Good job, though. I'm waiting for the next one. Very Happy
Pwnocchio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments! Glad you caught the Job reference Wink Several people have read this on another forum, and I don't believe anyone's caught it, yet. Good stuff.

Thanks for the SPARTAN and ONI info though- I'll fix that in upcoming chapters.

As to the "openly hostile" thing- remember, 3 months have gone by- these two men have gone through very different journeys, causing things like trust, etc, to be frayed. In later chapters, we will start to see just what has driven them to this point, and I think it will make more sense. They've both been through a heck of a lot Smile

Appreciate the feedback!
CoLd BlooDed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oni is ONI, Spartan is Spartan. Unless you're referring to SPARTAN as a program.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Matthiasthe14th

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cold Blooded wrote:
Oni is ONI, Spartan is Spartan. Unless you're referring to SPARTAN as a program.

Well, it's a good thing I didn't say Spartan was always always SPARTAN. Very Happy

Pwnocchio wrote:
As to the "openly hostile" thing- remember, 3 months have gone by- these two men have gone through very different journeys, causing things like trust, etc, to be frayed. In later chapters, we will start to see just what has driven them to this point, and I think it will make more sense. They've both been through a heck of a lot

Oh, yes, that makes sense. Plus, that was John's first rest after two days of driving/fighting/etc. They had a little spat. Nothing to write home about, I guess. Laughing
thedarkfire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this was quite interesting. Yes, I believe you DO have a future here. Keeo writing son.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: