HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Silent as the wind

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Silent as the wind Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Silent as the wind
Posted by Spartan 006 (minorchief@yahoo.com)
15 September 2006, 12:55 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Spartan_0060915060055311.html
Dr Sky Tower

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, you need to break up your massive paragraphs with more double spaces. These are just enormous text walls of doom.

Second you need to use the code. I noticed at the end you started double spacing the dialogue, but too little too late!

Third, you shouldn't focus on making the entire story one long battle scene. It gets boring pretty quick.
Spartan006

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Sky Tower wrote:
First, you need to break up your massive paragraphs with more double spaces. These are just enormous text walls of doom.
They may look like giant TWOD, but the only other alternative is double spacing each line which doesn't look to pretty either.

Dr Sky Tower wrote:
Second you need to use the code. I noticed at the end you started double spacing the dialogue, but too little too late!

I did use the code, Sky, indents are code. Also, on the subject of dialog, since the speaker didn't change there was no reason to start a new paragraph.
Dr Sky Tower wrote:
Third, you shouldn't focus on making the entire story one long battle scene. It gets boring pretty quick.
Since I did this for as a school project I didn't have alot of time for stoyline, so you're right about that.
Hardballer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to pick at little holes... But your story sorta leaves a fair few un-answered questions, such as, how did the rest of the squad fair in the battle, did they do anything at all? Seems more like the distraction was a complete balls-up and his men just followed him through the forest.
Spartan006

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardballer wrote:
I hate to pick at little holes... But your story sorta leaves a fair few un-answered questions, such as, how did the rest of the squad fair in the battle, did they do anything at all? Seems more like the distraction was a complete balls-up and his men just followed him through the forest.
It was mainly focusing on Richardson with his squad just being there for the ending, but like I said earlier I wrote this for a school asignment and I did it in under thirty minutes. I can barely get half of this amount out in that time frame with my series.
Guardian
BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh hell
Quote:
The Elite just smiled and laughed, then he plunged his sword into Richardson's abdomen. Richardson winced trying to show as little weakness as possible, but the could tell how much pain he was in.
Anyone besides the Spartans and Sarge would be two inches from The Reaper's Sickle.

Quote:
fromhis family, he was buried under that tree on the knoll where the wind blew softer, calmer, silent.
From his. Sentence could have been written better.

With consent from his family, he was buried under a tree on the knoll. Where the wind brought the passed away it's soft, calm, and silent gifts of it's exchange. But hell, even that sentence makes no sense. Where's the time for family consent when he's already dead?
Spartan006

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow wrote:
Quote:

The Elite just smiled and laughed, then he plunged his sword into Richardson's abdomen. Richardson winced trying to show as little weakness as possible, but the could tell how much pain he was in.

Anyone besides the Spartans and Sarge would be two inches from The Reaper's Sickle.

Yeah, that was pretty unrealistic (curses Mad I really shouldn't write while my dad is playing games).
Shadow wrote:
Quote:

fromhis family, he was buried under that tree on the knoll where the wind blew softer, calmer, silent.

From his. Sentence could have been written better.

With consent from his family, he was buried under a tree on the knoll. Where the wind brought the passed away it's soft, calm, and silent gifts of it's exchange. But hell, even that sentence makes no sense. Where's the time for family consent when he's already dead?
You don't just throw dead people in the ground without telling the family. Let's say that while you were in [insert location] you were killed by [insert person/s or object/s], they would call and tell your family, and they would decide what to do with our body since the dead person really no longer has a say in it. And yes, I probably could have written that sentence better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: