HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blue Horizon Part Five: Devestating Betrayal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Blue Horizon Part Five: Devestating Betrayal Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Blue Horizon Part Five: Devestating Betrayal
Posted by Cassus Falco
9 September 2006, 8:34 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Cassus_Falco0909060834071.html
Cassus Falco

Location: Oh, I'm hanging around near a picket fence on a grassy knoll off Dealey Plaza.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, anyone that cares. It's been months since I've posted a story here, the last one being this one's previous instalment, and now it is my pleasure to announce the triumphant return on Julie Waters, and her intrepid Marines, fighting to save the planet Alpha Caridanis IV.

That's why I've included that 'previously on Blue Horizon' part at the beginning.

So, yeah, I lived up to my promise of killing somebody off.

And, now, just like I put the teasers on the previous chapters of Blue Horizon, I've got one for Part Six;

They are trapped in a tunnel, far from Blue Horizon, far from any help. They are helpless, against an onslaught that is about to be launched.

And, they can't trust one of their own...

Next time, on Blue Horizon, Part Six

So there you go? Who is the traitor? Read this fic and find out. Who is trapped in the tunnel? Read this fic and find out.
Marine Corps 117

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too shabby. It's more of a personal preference, but I'll point it out anyway, for your improvement. (Man, that sounded a lot less pompous and elitist in my head... Embarassed )

It's a bit like Eric Nylund writes. Especially in the beginning. What I mean is that, such as when you describe the makeshift HQ, it's like you're listing off details rather than making for an elaborate flow. Like:

"There was a Marine standing on a rock. In the tree was a sniper." etc.

There's nothing bad with this, like I said, it's more of personal thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: