HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Lost Race: Part Two

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: The Lost Race: Part Two Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

The Lost Race: Part Two
Posted by Imperorator_Jon (darthbalfy@yahoo.com)
9 August 2006, 9:56 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Imperorator_0809062156451.html
Imperorator_Jon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, before anybody gets into it, I must give you warning. Violence. Is. Not. My. Strongpoint.

I tried it as best I could, and at 4 A.M. So any GPS..... yeah it was my fault. I tried to run it through spellcheck, so mabye it works alright. Any reviews are appreciated.
SPARTAN 117

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but you did a good job.
CoLd BlooDed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First sentence was a run-on. Should've been like,

Quote:
Eric, his mind set on the task ahead, drove the Warthog through the abandoned streets. The desolate roads and hastily-abandoned shops reminding him of the last time the invasion sirens were activated when a ship of pirates had invaded his home.

Read that out loud; flows a lot better, doesn't it?

Quote:
Those few men were trained for every imaginable form of combat possible

Again, not necessary. Razz

Quote:
They were the best of the best, and fittingly named the Panthers for their strength and talent. They were what all Marines on Orion hoped to become.

I really like that part. Fits together very nicely. Are the Panthers sort of like ODSTs?

Quote:
As the marine driver cursed his luck, he saw a U-shaped craft fly overhead, a trio of strange poles aimed at his armored vehicle. The gunner, wasting no time to see what it would do, fired a trio of rockets at the vividly-colored craft. As the trio of rockets impacted, a flurry of beams fired from the craft, missing due to the impact.

You must like that word. Laughing

Quote:
The pilot smirked as he swerve around once more

Should be 'swerved'.

Not as many grammatical mistakes in this one - some cluttered sentences, but nothing extraordinary. If anything, the writing has improved since part one. Wink Good job on this one, the length was right on and I'm keen to see what happens next.

Keep it up, just work on what I've told you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Imperorator_Jon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To address this in order, the Panthers are essentially the Special Operations of the planet, much more well trained than ODSTs. Think mini-chiefs without the shields. I plan on adding a character about them in as well.

And for anybody interested, I'm going to be careful about this second race, it's going to be an interesting project in my eyes. I'm getting onto the chapter as I type.
Azathoth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The combat wasn't badly written. Most people aren't bad at teh akshun as long as they don't try to stretch it out for pages and pages and pages.

I like. Write more.
Guardian
BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mini-chief's even without shields is a scary thought.
Arthur Wellesley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A solid second entry, with some good action to compliment to fine details. You set an interesting stage, with a unique special forces up against the Covenant. I thought the fighter scene was quite well done and fairly original. It is not so often you find single ship fights, as the bulk of action usually takes place on the ground. Nicely done.

I thought this was lacking in some of the more colorful details in the last chapter. Granted this was more fast paced because the action is starting, but I thought a few places could have used a bit more description.

Lastly, as has been pointed out, you repeated words in a number of instances. It's just a little distracting.

I look forward to where you take this. Hopefully more will be revealed...

-Arthur
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: