HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Court of Darkness (chapter one): Deal with the Devil
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Court of Darkness (chapter one): Deal with the Devil Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Court of Darkness (chapter one): Deal with the Devil
Posted by Chuckles
20 July 2006, 2:07 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Chuckles0720061407181.html
(Na)Marl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

--Sorry I don't have time to read this now, Chuck, but I'll get on it as soon as I get home from work. Smile
Azathoth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAAARGHHHH!!!1!

That scene with his evil rat-surgery nightmare made me shiver. Literally. It reminds me of that one scene in 1984 where Winston is all strapped to a table and the evil dudes are about to throw rats on his face.

Creepy. Mega creepy. You have such a talent for this sort of thing.
Matthiasthe14th

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuckles, I cannot believe how freaky you are. Shocked

You know exactly how to portray cold fear and terror. I can't wait until the next chapter comes out. Ugh. That part at the end with "the Devil" was quite scary. Exclamation

10/10
Solidus Snake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its about time your evil ass posted another story!! Twisted Evil (I mean that in a good way)

Although I don't have much time right now. I'll have to read it later.

\m/Twisted Evil \m/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay the demon (I would say god but since your fics have a darker tone...) of (evil) Halo fan fictions has returned. May we all rejoice in the extraordininary talents and bask in the glory of the fics. And no I am not being sarcastic, but I may have exaggerated actually I read this fic (or this chapter of this fic) Im not.
CoLd BlooDed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful, read it all in one sitting effortlessly. More to come when I get to my dads.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chuckles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went over this thing a dozen times, but (alas) I found a couple of things that I missed. One was the curse of the last minute edit. I used the word "scurried" twice real close together. I would have caught it in a read through, but I made the change just before I posted it. Shouldn't I know better by now? The other one was a missing article (I think it was "a").

Oh well.

C.T. Clown

Last edited by Chuckles on Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
CoLd BlooDed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha! Since no one is really critiquing your work and just praising you, you had to do it yourself didn't you? Wink I told you I was going to get to it. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Azrael

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant per usual. I love how the Irish settle in just about every planet in the galaxy Smile

Very, very minor GPS errors, I think I caught just one. Glad to see the continuity of Sagus and the Erebus series making a comeback. Excited about that indeed. This should be some good stuff, old buddy. You've set the stage well with the down-to-earth and supernatural crossover. Eager to begin.

...But what? No clowns? Shocked
CoLd BlooDed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that a tad strange, too... Wink
Chuckles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Clowns ... yet. No, I'm not saying that Lexicus will show up for sure, but you never know; there might be something about the situation that demands his particular skill set Wink

C.T. Clown
Triad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Ehhhh? Reply with quote

The story is good, and compelles you to read on. Chuckles hasn't lost the touch, that's for sure. But I don't know; a UNSC-guy sent on some mission to kill a rebel leader? I've already seen this kind of story many times before.

Feel free to continue, though.
Chuckles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triad wrote:
Quote:
But I don't know; a UNSC-guy sent on some mission to kill a rebel leader? I've already seen this kind of story many times before.

Trust me: you have not seen this story before Very Happy. Knowing the plot as I do, your comment put a smile on my face. Yes, Helljumper and Sagus were sent to stop a rebel leader, but people don't always end up doing what they initially set out to do--especially in my stories. Admiral Denning said that O'Carrol is a rebel leader trying to cripple UNSC supplies, but does his saying it make it so? And who is O'Carrol anyway? I could say more, but only at the risk of giving away more than I care to at this point. Let's just say that you have barely glimpsed the tip of the iceberg and leave it at that ... until I post chapter two.

C.T. Clown
russ687

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wrote:
After spending a week on this run-down planet, however, he could not leave without satisfying his curiosity.

Seeing this sentence, and then the author's name "Chuckles" right above, I found it hard to avoid the certain horror on its way. I mean, what basic nature of humans can lead to fear and panic like curiosity? I can't think of one better, and I'm curious to see where this goes...

Damn, Chuck. That was some very dark writing. I liked the connections you made between past stories, the premonitions you left as to what is happening on Tethra, and what the hell is out there after dark. This chapter flowed extremely well, too, and I found myself nearing the end way too fast. You've set this up for a nice story, and I can only imagine what is going on here.

That last, ending scene was particularly dark, and intriguing. I giant woman (I see some connection there), an alleged monster after dark, and then, poor Tommy finally getting to meet that monster. Where do you come up with this stuff? Should I be concerned about your mental wellbeing? Ah, who cares? So long as you put out stuff like this, I don't care how crazy you are. Smile

I'm finding this all hard to take. Azrael's series, now "The next Chuckles' series." Too much good writing, too long updates. Gah, why do you guys have to do this to me? I'd better see something this next update, because there's only so much I can take before I join you in Ward Two.

-R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: