HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Short Tales of Terror (3): A Tale of Death
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Short Tales of Terror (3): A Tale of Death Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Short Tales of Terror (3): A Tale of Death
Posted by Chuckles
18 May 2006, 3:35 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Chuckles0518061535471.html
Mainevent

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Chuck, you already know my thoughts on this (if not, check your PMs).

Excellent as always.
Guardian
BANNED

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're finally back eh? Well I think you've known me somewhat long enough to know exactly what I would say to your story. So i'll let your imagination do the job I'm supposed to do, for me.

I'm lazy, but don't sue me.

-Shad
Spartan006

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa.....that was terrifyingly good. I've read your stories before, and this one is no different, and is summed up in one word. Excelent. I am honored to give this story 10/10, and that's only because I can't go any higher.
Commander Demitri Wolf

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, someone has to be the bearer of bad news... hehe, not me. Well I did have two little gripes with the story and that is that it was very similar to Robert Ludlum's The Ambler Warning, and having read that I was able to predict at least a little bit of the story (though not all of it, and for that I tip my hat to you).

But overall it was just as good as the last two, if not better. Oh, and the second gripe was it took so long to come out, heh, we demand another. Keep it up my friend.
Chuckles

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDW wrote:
Quote:
Well I did have two little gripes with the story and that is that it was very similar to Robert Ludlum's The Ambler Warning, and having read that I was able to predict at least a little bit of the story (though not all of it, and for that I tip my hat to you).
Fortunately, I've never read that book by Ludlum.

C.T. Clown
Hashey

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, another one. I love this series Very Happy
Mister Gray

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My character was so cool Very Happy . Despite the fact that you didn't see much of him, he was still awesome. So wait, his neck was broken and it said Jeremy broke one guy's neck. The guy that had his neck broken (not Mr. Gray) was Boony, right? So, does that mean Mr. Gray was Boony? I'm confused, but that's not an unnatural thing.
Anyway, great story, Chuck. I'll be looking forward to another and Wolf was completely right in saying,
Quote:
Oh, and the second gripe was it took so long to come out, heh, we demand another. Keep it up my friend.

-The Other Mister Gray
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Matthiasthe14th

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally awesome! 10/10!
Chuckles

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister Gray wrote:
Quote:
So wait, his neck was broken and it said Jeremy broke one guy's neck. The guy that had his neck broken (not Mr. Gray) was Boony, right? So, does that mean Mr. Gray was Boony? I'm confused, but that's not an unnatural thing.

No, Boony was horribly tortured to death. Boony was the nickname of the last man Jeremy tortured; Daniel Meecham. That was the guy who had Stella's name tattoed backwards on his chest (WALLETS=STELLA Weiss). As for his nickname, do you get it? Daniel Boony Meecham Very Happy Anyway, Jeremy said the following about Meecham/Boony:
Quote:
Just before he died, he confessed to being a rebel . . .

So yes, Boony did die. Mr. Gray did have his neck broken by Jeremy. Thus, his quest for "justice" is more than a little bit about revenge.

Thanks for the review and also for letting me use your name. I thought that it fit quite well.

C.T. Clown
(Na)Marl

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"One of them jumping in and the others watching and shouting like teenagers at a hockey game."

--Just one question. What is it with northerners and hockey?! Very Happy
Mister Gray

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I knew that Very Happy . Uh, I don't get the Boony thing. Was that something from before I came to HBOFF?
-Mr. Gray
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
me

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Tales of terror Reply with quote

[quote="Mister Gray"]Oh yeah, I knew that Very Happy . Uh, I don't get the [i]Boony[/i] thing. Was that something from before I came to HBOFF?
-Mr. Gray[/quote]

I think its like Daniel Boone or however you say that I never really liked history. But good story I liked it but thats just ME. Sombody should shoot me for that pun. Anyway just One maybe two questions. So Stella was the one who dressed up as the Reaper and killed the other crazy man to scare Thomas as revenge? And she purposely withheld the medicine so thathe would seem lucid and the doc would have to call the ONI. or was that just a coincidence.
Mainevent

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think Death was a separate entity here, who happened to come at the same time he told Stella (not an accident).

Stella just shot him because he killed her rebel boyfriend.

Gray was trying to kill him because he'd broken his neck before.
Matthiasthe14th

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well I think Death was a separate entity here, who happened to come at the same time he told Stella (not an accident).

But was Death a figment of Jeremy's imagination? Or was it another person, like someone working for Mr. Gray? Tommy saw it, too, so either Tommy constantly imagined Death, and Jeremy was having side effects from the sudden lack of drugs coupled with his previous experience, maybe?

Quote:
Gray was trying to kill him because he'd broken his neck before.

Mr. Gray wanted to torture him something fierce before that. Maybe he wanted to keep him alive just for that. In fact, I'm wondering if Mr. Gray cared if Jeremy was a rebel or not, but just wanted revenge alone.

Gosh, there's so much to disscuss in here. I love it. Did I say 10/10 before?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: