HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Sangheili Story: Chapter 1, Brute Betrayal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: A Sangheili Story: Chapter 1, Brute Betrayal. Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

A Sangheili Story: Chapter 1, Brute Betrayal.
Posted by Bodie (bodie_bumm@hotmail.com)
27 April 2006, 6:36 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Bodie0427060636031.html
Cassus Falco

Location: Oh, I'm hanging around near a picket fence on a grassy knoll off Dealey Plaza.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good, I like the name of your Prophet. Ha-ha, Nobility. That's cool. But there's more. There were a few mistakes, spelling and grammatical mostly, but also a lot of paragraphing errors.
Quote:
"Its contents can't be that large, Excellency!" exclaimed 'Hatumee, the weapons officer,
"The Brutes aren't smart enough to write anything so large! I would delete the message if I were you."

Who is it that is talking in the second paragraph above? Was it 'Hatumee?
Quote:
"'Tekajee! Did we have any decoding programs onboard our ship?" The Zealot asked the communications officer.

Did we have any decoding programs? Shouldn't it be do we have any decoding programs? Also, ships always have decoding programs aboard, in case they get encrypted orders from High Charity, or Covenant High Command or whatever.

The story was dong gua gua, aside from these and a few other mistakes. It gave an excellent chance for readers to see into the other side of the story of the Covenant Civil War.
Bodie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your kind comments and critisizm.
But what does 'dong gua gua' mean? I take it means something good?

Quote:
"Its contents can't be that large, Excellency!" exclaimed 'Hatumee, the weapons officer,
"The Brutes aren't smart enough to write anything so large! I would delete the message if I were you."

Yeah, I think i used an indent where I wasn't ment to. It was 'Hatumee.

Quote:
"'Tekajee! Did we have any decoding programs onboard our ship?" The Zealot asked the communications officer.

Should have made myself clearer. Did they have any onboard before the attack on Reach. As for always having a decoding program onboard, again, I didnt think about that.

What grammatical mistakes are you talking about, could you please point them out? Thanks for reading and helping!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: