HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Dream (Maybe)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: A Dream (Maybe) Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

A Dream (Maybe)
Posted by Solidus Snake (Metal_Melitia18@hotmail.com)
8 April 2006, 12:09 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Solidus_Snak0408060009141.html
Solidus Snake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

I hope someone likes it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
STEEL RAIN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure out the pov, but other than that it was pritty cool!
ag1337

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty good, and gramatically correct. The poem was very straight up, which made it even better. The cussing was a little too much, but hey, it's your poem and you can choose to say anything you want. Anyway, good job.
STEEL RAIN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cursing was spot on, it set the mood.
Solidus Snake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. STEEL, the POV? Well, if you really think about it, there is no POV. Why, because the guy is dead, all that happen, never exist. Confusing, huh, kinda like the Matrix. Smile

Its one of those things where I try to throw everyone off. Twisted Evil

As for the cussing, well, it just shows everyone is cool with cussing. But, if you read my other works, you can see that the cussing kind of gives me my style. My indentity, and a piece of my mind. Hah.

Thanks.

\m/ Twisted Evil \m/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
STEEL RAIN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*points finger at Snake* You messed with my mind, now you must suffer!

You did an exalent job at throwing me off!

Please SR for short!
CoLd BlooDed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, Solidus.

Liked the presentation of this. Very unique, what with the inclusion of the paragraphs. Yet, it maintained its poeticness.

Good job, man.

Rock on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Spotted two very noticable grammar issues in there. The first was a double negative and can be written off as dialect of the speaker. The second was misuse of "their" where "they're" should have been. Tisk, tisk.

Good... narrative poem overall. Interesting format, but it worked out very nicely. Story behind it... Interesting. A good read, to be sure. A bit odd, but, then again, what by you isn't Wink . The realization that the guy's dead wasn't focused on too much, but, for effect's sake, I suppose it was okay that way. The ending line, though... Interesting.

Overall, I liked it. A different sort of poem with a different sort of mood to it. Very nice. But I'm telling you... if you were to throw out some true narrative fiction... Keep up the good work, Solidus.
Solidus Snake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MC's Cousin wrote:
Interesting. Spotted two very noticable grammar issues in there. The first was a double negative and can be written off as dialect of the speaker. The second was misuse of "their" where "they're" should have been. Tisk, tisk.

Not sure what all this double negative buisiness really means. Care to explain old buddy. And I think you're seeing things, man. Very Happy I don't think I even used "their" anywhere in it.

Hah, as long as I had you stumped, I did my job. Hahha, so, am I evil?

Thank, glad you read it.

\m/Twisted Evil\m/
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Doesn't matter if their white, black, Asian, or anything. I wish it just was a dream,

There's your use of their instead of they're.

Quote:
They don't spare no one,

And there's that double negative. You use "don't" -- which is do not -- and "no one". Two negatives in the same sentense. It's like saying "I didn't see nothin'!" Yeah, it's understandable, and some people talk that way (that's why I said I'd let it slide). But, gramatically... That's the same thing as saying "They do spare one." So, "They don't spare anyone" would have been better in this case. But, like I said, if it was just how the guy talks...

So, there you go.
Solidus Snake

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad MC, I missed that Embarassed

And I guess the double negative stuff makes a little sense.

Hey thanks, man.
Dagorath

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any right to comment on poems, seeming as I never write any, but I liked the raw emotions in this one. Your flow was a little convoluted though, and there seems to be an excess of swearing....or maybe that's for atmosphere.
Solidus Snake

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, you call that excess? Its nothing compare some earlier work. Believe me, I have cut down on the swearing. Only using it to set the mood and all, and its the guy's personality too.

Thanks man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: