HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marooned | Chapter 1 | Field Trip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Marooned | Chapter 1 | Field Trip Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Marooned | Chapter 1 | Field Trip
Posted by The Meep (The_Meep)
24 March 2006, 7:51 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=The_Meep0324061951221.html
Spartan006

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must...not...get crushed...by Text Wall...of DOOM!!!!! *Text Wall falls and crushes body, but is brought back to life to right this review.*

Okay, it wasn't all a text wall, but after your explanation of certain words it becomes a text wall. Use the CODE, it will help the readibility of your story greatly. I didn't find your story very interesting, but this could be because the only reference you made to Halo was the Covanent and a "hoola-hoop":which is obviously a halo-besides that it's got nothing to do with Halo, but you can easily fix this problem in your next story. Your story was a good length. It gets a 2/10 Crying or Very sad . Don't get angry, and give up just because this review is negative. Keep at it, and use reviews like this to improve your writing. We want you to improve. It's what we call constructive criticism.
Commander Demitri Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't need to be completly about the Covenant and Halo to be Halo-related, 006, I've seen many great stories that make only subtle references, like the year it's set in, featuring an M6D etc. Don't think that a story needs to be about The MC pwning Covies on Halo to be Halo-related. About the story... You don't need that intro about the phrases, incorporate it into the story rather than tell us at the start, it takes aay greatly from the tale you're trying to tell.

As 006 said, use the Code, most people will not even read your story if it isn't formatted and paragraphed nicely, so please try and do that for us. I see that Louis mentions you on the frontpage, you submitted it seven times?!?! Crimany, thats a bloody lot, don't do that again. I'm not gonna lie and say I read the story, cause quite frankly, if it doesn't have that level of effort put into it then I couldn't care less, so please, next time, put more effort into your submission.

Read, re-read and then make sure it's not drivvel and think 'oh thats it, I like it, so who cares what you people think' cause if that's the case go and get a Freewebs site and put your stories there, we don't want them. That said, hope your next submission is better Very Happy .
Spartan006

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It doesn't need to be completly about the Covenant and Halo to be Halo-related, 006
I know it doesn't have to be totally related to Halo, or the Covenant. In fact, some of my favorite stories have almost nothing to do with Halo, but a story about a kindergarden's fieldtrip isn't really that appealing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: