HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Commander: Operative

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Commander: Operative Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Commander: Operative
Posted by Cthulhu117 (spartan_eric_271@yahoo.com)
3 February 2006, 2:57 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Cthulhu1170203060257321.html
Halo Fanatic 2005

Location: The best place ever. So good, I haven't had time to find out where it is.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, I like that AI. "Azathoth." Still nothing about that blade?
Azathoth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why he's called Azathoth. Laughing

Blade comes next chapter. So does a bunch of other stuff that we haven't seen before. *ominous music*
Halo Fanatic 2005

Location: The best place ever. So good, I haven't had time to find out where it is.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realized something. Your AI seems to be like Suno's "inner voice." Is that where you got your idea?

Be honest Laughing
Azathoth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. I originally wanted this series to kind of show a parallel development with the Chief and Eraa. About a quarter of the way through chapter 1, I scrapped the idea and replaced it with the Seraphima thing. But Azathoth stayed. He is Eraa's Cortana. However, I've changed him too. At first he was a Covenant Smart AI, based on Eraa's neural pathways. Later I added the fact that he was a Forerunner AI, which closed a potential plot hole. There is a lot more about Azathoth that we don't know. The following is background information on Azathoth from my brainstorming notebook. It isn't crucial knowledge, but it's interesting and you won't find it in my actual fic.

-Azathoth is one of the earliest Forerunner Smart AIs. 343 GS and such are all designed to be dumb AIs. The Forerunners at first decided that Azathoth was too dangerous and had him imprisoned on a computer chip for millennia. When the Flood became a serious threat, he was released in order to fill the ranks.

-His original function was to be a librarian and poet. The Forerunners were very fond of iambic septameter.

-He was assigned, late in the Flood Wars, to supervise the construction of the Forerunners' auxiliary defense against the Flood.

-When the construction was complete, he was placed as a supervisor on a research facility on an asteroid.

-He waited there until the Prophet of Revelation arrived. He then left with Revelation. He integrated himself into the Prophet's computer and waited until Eraa picked him up.

-He is not Eraa's obedient slave. Unlike a genie, he is not required to obey whoever releases him. He is manipulative, cagey, scheming and more than a little demented. In short, he's me Laughing
Halo Fanatic 2005

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, that explained a lot.

I still think this is a such a good storyine. Good luck on whatever you next chapter is. Mine's already posted:

Journal of Suno Happer (Day 7: Dissapearances and Vengance) Coming soon!
Dagorath

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it. Better than the last one, which was a little absurd. It was fun to read, though the promotions and the thought-tracking and Azathoth was a little odd. I don't agree with your martial arts either: you can't just drag a foot like that if it's coming from the front: the force will dislocate your shoulder. But it was interesting and the plot twists were cool.

I don't suggest you give so much info about Azathoth though. It's not very necessary and remember: commercial writers rarely communicate with their fans (and give out huge plot details). Better to keep up the "Ask me no qs and I'll tell you no lies". Mysterious. Cool. Yeah!

And I'll reveal the title of my new series here too: it's called Biological Storage and I've already done 2 and a half chapters.
Halo Fanatic 2005

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh. That sounds spooky Dagorath. I a have feeling it is something to do with the Flood?

Don't tell me. Let's wait and see...
Azathoth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dagorath, I know some stuff about jujitsu, so I know that doing that would dislocate a human's shoulder. But after studying Sangheili arm structure, which is pretty damn hard since there are about three reference pictures to go by, I'm fairly confident that a strong Sangheili could do that.
(ENS) Rabid_Gallagher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to say the same thing, but Azy here stole that away from me.

Anyways, good story all together, didn't see too many errors. However, I think you need to work on plot. Too many holes.

"My appreciation for being quoted is being masked by my distaste for your incompetence, Gallagher" - Shrumertaor
Idea, Plot, Character, and Forum Signatures
Halo Fanatic 2005

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a question.

Does anyone know when the next update is. If you do, how do you tell?
Dagorath

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Commander: Parasite. It's online already, though I haven't read it.

Azathoth: try not to bring in too many different theories in your story. The more content there is, the more potential plot holes. Readers would expect you to tie everything together in the end, so watch out.

Fanatic, you have a typo in your siggy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: