HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glass and Steel, Part 10 - The Chaos Before the Storm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Glass and Steel, Part 10 - The Chaos Before the Storm Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Glass and Steel, Part 10 - The Chaos Before the Storm
Posted by Random 14-Year-Old (i-rule-2008@comcast.net)
20 January 2006, 2:15 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Random_14-Ye0120060215451.html
Random 14-Year-Old

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the increasingly rare updates.. Well anyway I hope everyone likes this chapter.
Pooman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dear Lord... Awesome work you have here! I have no complaints here. Excellent job, don't worry about the reare updates. At least you write more chapters. 10/10
Random 14-Year-Old

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks..

Any critiques that anyone wants to throw out there? I started and stopped writing this chapter several times, and I just know that something must have went wrong in the process ... or maybe I've just got crappy self-confidence.
virroken

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mm hey. I've been reading since this since your first post. Loving it, too.

Just wondering though, that old guy in the wheelchair. He is old, and wheelchaired. But he has the strength to STEAL a super sword of DOOM and kill a whole bunch of people. Then he runs through the hospital to look for the protagonists girlfriend (who is -not- in the healthiest condition ever, and is probably just a -tad- too young for a old scraggly guy) just to rape her?

At first, I assumed he was some major character, but since you KILLED the guy...

Please clarify Razz

-Virroken
Dagorath

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy sh*t. That was breathtaking. Wow. I'm stunned.

I started reading from the very first chapter. It's the best series I've read, ever. Keep it coming.

Virroken: I guess the crazy guy wasn't so crazy, was a paedophile and perhaps was a boxer when he was younger Very Happy
Random 14-Year-Old

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, kinda funny when you think about it that way, Virroken. But yeah, if you're curious, that guy apparently had more ability in him than the doctors had suspected, which is why he was in a wheelchair when he was perfectly capable of being a marathon-runner.

He saw his chance to make something exciting out of his boring life in the hospital, and he took it. And yes, he's a pedofile that can't help but spare a teenage girl for sex.

Thanks for the praise, you guys. Very Happy
Dagorath

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's because Ariana is so stunning that she still looks hot after being swathed in bandages 5cm thick and having sustained a broken neck, just about Very Happy
Random 14-Year-Old

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course. Embarassed She's irresistible.
Master Chief Spartan- 117

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I haven't been on in a while. This was the best by far. I could have sworn you had some guy top selling author write this.
Dagorath

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really ought to go commercial when you grow up, dude. You're as good as the other authors out there: I'm serious. Wait till you're eighteen, then you can apply for the Bungie Contract Writer. Or write something not about Halo, and get someone to publish it. If you get rich, remember to send me a little something for setting you on the right path: a diamond, or an Alienware computer, who knows.... Wink
Random 14-Year-Old

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks guys. Surprised

Well, Dagorath, you just summed up what I've been thinking about recently. Being a real writer when I get out of college or whatever. But darn it, everyone in my family says that the writing profession isn't realistic, and that I should be a computer promgrammer instead -- wait until I'm 40 or something to really start writing a commercial novel....

Anyway, enough of my life story. Just as a little update, Part 11 won't be out for awhile... I need to find a copy of The Fall of Reach and look something up before I can start the next chapter.

So in the meantime, I wrote a short poem relating to Glass and Steel that you'll be able to read on Friday. Cool

Wow. What a long and rambling post! Rolling Eyes
Dagorath

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is. You can get rich being a toilet cleaner. Just look at JK Rowling: she's richer than the Queen. It's just harder, that's all. The job you should get is one that you really like and you get rich at. So if you want to be a writer, go ahead! Though use your real name (what is it?) when you summit stories.
Master Chief Spartan- 117

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, writing seems like a good way to pay for college if you can find a publisher. If you the general area of what you need to see in Fall of Reach lemme know and I can PM you that whole general area.
Dagorath

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some online publishers and stuff, I think. I dunno, perhaps you can even ask Jilly to set up a paypal account so we can all donate towards your further development. Looking at your comments, you're one of the best among us. Though this is looking far into the future, of course.

Just keep working hard. If you're this good right now, you'll be amazing when you grow up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: