HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Waking the Dead (part eight): Dead by Dawn
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Waking the Dead (part eight): Dead by Dawn Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Waking the Dead (part eight): Dead by Dawn
Posted by Chuckles
30 December 2005, 12:11 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Chuckles1230050011571.html
(Na)Marl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

--Great read, Chuckles, especially while listening to Revenga. Does this mean you're gonna force us to wait for another? Razz
HELSING

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A delicious piece of literature. Thank you for putting in the scriptural references in a fashion that was neither mocking or patronizing. I can tell you've done your research. Not many people know about those parts of the Bible, other than Goliath.

The fight scene was excellently done, one thing though; I highly doubt any sort of crowd would stick around to not only watch that kind of spectacle, but also place bets and cheer. It seems much more likely that they would all be running or hiding in their homes. The town had no prior experience with the Spartans as you said, they wouldn't know who was good or evil, if there was a difference, or why their own champions were killing each other.

keep 'em coming
Caleb the Jackal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuckles, I don't know if you know this or not but man.... This was awesome!!!!!!!!

The way Caleb fought! WOW!

Chuck.

I give this one two thumbs up~!~

Caleb

Surprised
Commander Demitri Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Chuck, The Fallen is something I've been focusing on for my newest piece, and I must say that the way you apply it to giants is quite different, but very intriquing at the same time. I have missed most of this series so I won't know how it ties into thestory, but rest assured (Very Happy) I'll read it soon enough.
Triad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. just...just.....wow.

That was the first impression, and the second impression wasn't much different. I'm looking forward to the conclusion of this already epic story. Good luck in tying up all the loose plotlines!

Triad

Johnson: "Why did you bash that Elite's face into the ground, Chief?"
117: "To give him a headstart to hell."
CoLd BlooDed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definately on my 'to-read' list, Chuckles, you've got my word. I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing for New Years. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thedarkfire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took you long enough.

That aside, bitchin' story!
Chuckles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedarkfire wrote:
Quote:
Took you long enough.

Yeah, but I have a killer excuse--my most recent son was born on December 1st. And just like that, all of my writing time went up in smoke. The little guy just doesn't have an appreciation for fanfiction . . . yet Very Happy

The final installment of Waking the Dead should (baby willing) be done in about two weeks.

C.T. Clown
me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: waking the dead Reply with quote

I loved it I dont know what to say Im speechless

...ok as much as I liked it I noticed one thing 16th paragraph second section you put down spinner it shoulda been spinning

...I still loved it great job
thedarkfire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give your newborn a hug from me will ya Chuck? Smile
HELSING

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Chuckles! What did the Clown name his kid?
Chuckles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELSING wrote:
Quote:
Congratulations Chuckles! What did the Clown name his kid?

Thanks, and his name is Nicholas James.

me wrote:
Quote:
ok as much as I liked it I noticed one thing 16th paragraph second section you put down spinner it shoulda been spinning

Yeah, I saw that . . . once it was already posted. That and the other error I saw (the word neither capitalized in the middle of a sentence) were the result of some of the last changes I made in the story--you know, you edit something and make a brand new error. So even though I proofread the thing a bunch of times . . . I needed at least one more. Screwed up edits always get me.

Triad wrote:
Quote:
That was the first impression, and the second impression wasn't much different. I'm looking forward to the conclusion of this already epic story. Good luck in tying up all the loose plotlines!

They'll all be tied up--although I might need to prove that after the fact Very Happy

Caleb wrote:
Quote:
Chuckles, I don't know if you know this or not but man.... This was awesome!!!!!!!!

The way Caleb fought! WOW!

Chuck.

I give this one two thumbs up~!~

I'm glad you liked it. I wasn't sure how you would react to me killing off your character. It was a good death.

HELSING also wrote:
Quote:
A delicious piece of literature. Thank you for putting in the scriptural references in a fashion that was neither mocking or patronizing. I can tell you've done your research. Not many people know about those parts of the Bible, other than Goliath.

The fight scene was excellently done, one thing though; I highly doubt any sort of crowd would stick around to not only watch that kind of spectacle, but also place bets and cheer. It seems much more likely that they would all be running or hiding in their homes. The town had no prior experience with the Spartans as you said, they wouldn't know who was good or evil, if there was a difference, or why their own champions were killing each other.

The Crowd served as an emotional contrast--betting and cheering in the midst of tragedy. It also helped me break up a very long fight sequence. In the end, I am more concerned about the effect something has on the story than I am in whether it would have really happened. If it isn't wildy improbable (which this wasn't) then I'll go with it. Thanks for the review, and I'm glad you liked it.

(Na)Marl wrote:
Quote:
-Great read, Chuckles, especially while listening to Revenga. Does this mean you're gonna force us to wait for another?

Just one more, and it will be posted in a couple of weeks (baby willing).

C.T. Clown
SYSTEM
The Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaah... Basking in the glory of Chuck's awesome, if not somewhat spooky style.

Man, the description of the bones creeps me out; because a while ago, I was studying a little bit about critical thinking on finding out about ancient civilisations and researching ancient people like Neanderthals, Cro-Magnon, etc, and how early, primitive man differed from us. They say the northern skeletons had deep cavities on their teeth, scars you could say, from a diet primarily consisting of berries and nuts, whereas the southerners had flatter teeth, probably better suited for fruit.

Getting on, the death scene, as expected. Horrific, brutal, and full of harsh, horrid description. Shiver me timbers, mateys, the reaper comes a-callin'.

Gotta say, I love Chuck's arrays of styles "He had stayed alive for too long." and "his smile was halfway down his throat." those sarcastic, biting lines that just prove to make this extra-special. Extra-Chuckles. I love those parts the best out of all.

As for mechanical errors, since I know you know what you're doing, they will be discounted and ignored.

Awesome, man. A definete
- Bloody Hell Yeah!

- Dave.

"When in doubt, empty your magazine." - Murphy's first law of combat operations.
Torr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, amazing work, Chuckles.

I enjoy reading your stories as much as I enjoy a good book, and you continue to inspire me each day, even in the World of Warcraft movie I'm helping make, I am constantly trying to get the "feel" that your stories have. The awesome, spooky feel, just like Dave mentioned.

Chuckles, Simjanes, MiNeS, Lexicus, Caleb, all of them such GOOD characters. I literally CANT wait for the next week, I see that Sim-Caleb and Sim-Chuckles fight in my head constantly.

Btw, I'm curious, I know Simjanes is a guy you play Halo with, but how do you pronounce that. I made my friend read this series (he thinks fan fics are geeky) and now he is in love with it too and we argue about how to pronounce Simjanes.

I say Sim-AYNES.
He says Sim-ON-AYs.

We both think the J is silent, because SimJanes sounds kind of weird. But we could be wrong.

Wanna help us out? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: