HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Halo: The Scythe of Death Part Eleven- Finale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Halo: The Scythe of Death Part Eleven- Finale Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Halo: The Scythe of Death Part Eleven- Finale
Posted by LordofDestruction (sarcasticavenger007@yahoo.com)
10 December 2005, 2:04 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=LordofDestru1210050204161.html
LordofDestruction

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Halo: Scythe of Death Part Eleven- Finale Reply with quote

Seriously, though, could i get some feedback? I need to know what i'm doing right and what i'm doing wrong
russ687

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this isn't technically incorrect, but die-hards like me insist that it is. Author Notes really should be posted here on the story, unless you are referencing some information (like someone else's idea or details).

Nice job formatting this thing, and everything was easy to read. I'd give you a medal or something, but I think compliance with HBO's rules should be normal, not extradordinary. In any case, good attention to detail.

You wrote:
0342 Hours (Universal Time)

I had to chuckle at that. Universal time? Heh. Laughing

You wrote:
The driver stopped the tank momentarily, and Patton lined the mental gun sight up with the Spectre tank, and he fired the gun, without ever having to move a muscle.

It is very unnecessary for the tank to stop for an accurate shot. Even today, in the M1A2 Abrams, tanks have auto-stabilization gyros that will keep the gun level even over rough terrain.

Overall, pretty good. Personally, I didn't appreciate the historical figures used in this story, but some may find it amusing. D&D were pretty good, and only a few GPS errors lingered here or there. A single coding error that I noticed in there, and you can prevent them completely by searching for brackets (" [ " or " ] ").

-Russ
Commander Demitri Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Shit! I remember way before I started writing, I can remember reading this fiction. This is what got me into writing in the first place! For some reason I only read four or so chapters so you can expect me to read all of this very soon. I will put up a review up when I'm done.

And if I haven't said it before, thanks so much for writing this; I loved it.
LordofDestruction

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reviewing. Very Happy

I had the tank stop in the story before firing because i figured, if you have the chance, you might as well make your shot as accurate as possible. Its better to spend 2 seconds stopping to hit the enemy then 5 seconds reloading to try again.

As for universal time, i thought it made sense, keeping everyone in the military on the same time, rather than a thousand different local times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: