HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Glass and Steel, Part 9 - To Add Insult to Injury

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Glass and Steel, Part 9 - To Add Insult to Injury Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Glass and Steel, Part 9 - To Add Insult to Injury
Posted by Random 14-Year-Old (i-rule-2008@comcast.net)
8 December 2005, 3:50 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Random_14-Ye1208050350261.html
Elite097

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your series is really good and this story was good and I can't wait for the next one. I would also, if its ok, like to ask you for some advise on how to write a good story. You could send me a message, if you want, here or you could E-mail me at (Mirajaco15@yahoo.com)or at my Myspace which is also Mirajaco15 just do a search for me. If not thanks for your time anyways.
and again your stories are really awesome.
jmizzer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Glass and Steel, Part 9 - To Add Insult to Injury Reply with quote

i like your stories alot i thought that you stopped writing for this series i was so mad, but i see that you didn't so that's cool can't wait till the next one.
Random 14-Year-Old

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah..... sort of put it on hiatus for awhile, I was getting caught up in other life-related crap and Glass and Steel almost went the path of The Great Journey -- but I refused to let this story just sit, and I AM going to finish it. Glad you liked this chapter, though, I was worried my writing style had changed for the worse after--what, months?--of English essays and no Halo fanfic in between.

And Elite097, no prob, I'll look for you on Myspace. Expect a friend request from Sean P.i.C. [LPU]. Razz
Pooman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only major change I picked up is it's shortness. Sadly, it subtracted from the story. It was a good chapter, but, I felt like it was too short. Hey, this is a great series and I'm glad your writing more. Good job, 9.0/10.
Tin Can Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen R14YO for ages. Or is it R15YO now...
Random 14-Year-Old

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I sort of anticipated this chapter being short, because 1) I wanted to just get something, anything out there to end my dry spell, and 2) It's sort of a filler chapter, so that I'll be able to have exactly ten chapters in the story before the plot takes a sudden shift that I've been hinting at. Even numbers make me happy. Cool

And it's true that I've turned 15 but I realize now that age isn't a wise thing to put in a username because I can't change my username without creating an entirely fresh slate and leaving all my previous works behind...

R14YO, R15YO, RYO, doesn't matter to me.
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a few small mistakes scattered about. And we all know that's never a good thing to have littering your story. Take the time to weed those out. You know it makes a difference.

Snap. It was about... three-fifths of the way through this when the plot I know before this chapter popped into place. I do remember that car crash. It's nice to recall such things... And, boy, has that been a while.

As for the brevity of this chapter... it was rather short. Didn't move very far from when he woke to the ending. However, there was some important information presented. Just in a pretty short length of writing. I like having a fair amount of material to read; and while this wasn't all too long, it was still pleasant to go through.

Overall, this was good. I enjoyed it, especially when I found I remembered the last chapter. Keep working. Smooth out those kinks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: