HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Master Chief Inbound
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Master Chief Inbound Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Master Chief Inbound
Posted by Dagorath (hoyinshan@gmail.com)
3 December 2005, 1:13 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Dagorath1203051313121.html
Azathoth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story! I hope Halo 3 is that good...
Dagorath

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah. He ends up with no guns. All battered. His armour's messed up. No way.
Azathoth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean exactly like that. I just meant that I loved the story and it would be nice if Halo 3 had a plot that was that good.
Commander Demitri Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was one of the best stories I've read in a while, congratulations, I really enjoyed it.
Nick Kang

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh. That was really good. Though I doubt a SPARTAN could survive a fall from that height. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because it was a cool concept.
Dagorath

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they can. Fred (idiot) did just that in First Strike. Though with less flair, as a matter of course. The coolant and cushioning gel and whatnot all dribble out but of course they survive. No Halo 3 if the Chief just got smushed on the surface of Earth in the beginning of the game. Not that this story is the beginning of Halo 3. Quite the contrary. It's just a fun short story.
Nick Kang

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but in First Strike, the jump that Fred and the other SPARTANs endured was about eight kilometers (I think). And even then some of them died. I may have just been percieving the story wrong, but the way you described it made it sound like MC was dropping from the stratosphere (about 50 kilometers).
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The transition between John sitting there thinking and him getting up and making his way very quickly to the bridge was a bit speedy. It was like, in a paragraph, he was no longer sitting quietly and had made his way all the way to the bridge of the vessel. That fast.

That didn't feel right to me. Didn't read all that well, either, IMO. The pace of the story just kicked itself to a new spot nearly instantaneously. That's not a good thing in this case.

I wasn't sure about that fall either. Yes, Fred survived that, but he was greatly slowed down by his impacts on the trees and tree limbs. Not to mention he hit soft dirt, not a solid stage. No, I don't find the fall that you had Johh survive all too realistic.

What he his wasn't all that soft. It was, instead, quite solid. I just don't see what he hit stopping him from being greatly injured. Perhaps enough to keep him down for a while. A long while.

Overall, this was pretty good. A fun read. Interesting how you started it out. Smooth material. Nice. But, it wasn't perfect. Keep working.
Dagorath

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Points taken, MCC. By the way, what Fan Fiction have you written yourself? I can't find any under MC's Cousin, so I assume you used a different name?
Mainevent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homeboy don't write fiction.
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maineven speaks truly. You won't find fiction written by me here. Sorry to disapoint. I know, it is a pretty hypocritical style.

I write for myself, and have yet to produce something for here. That could change in the future... But don't expect anything soon.
Dagorath

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be cool though. Something for us to look up to. You know you want to! Show us the power!
SeverianofUrth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, the Cousin won't show us the power anytime soon... it just ain't his style. And if he does, he'll do it under some other name. Then he'll criticize his own stories. Smile That'd be, like, killing two people with one well-placed shot. Or two birds. Your preferences.

Nice story. I really enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect, yeah, and MCC went over those bits. This is a short story, right? I wouldn't mind if this expanded into a series.
Dagorath

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what my friend who read this on the school computers (Shhhh) said too. Please tell me which specific points to edit. I think I want to put this on the Bungie Fans Online Medium-Length Story category. I dunno the prizes but I can guess (Halo 2 Limited Edition, Bungie shirts, action figures, maybe even DOA4). Bronzemage has already posted his. And I want to pwn him Twisted Evil .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: