HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Master Chief's Hell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Master Chief's Hell Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Master Chief's Hell
Posted by Master Kim (maimkim@hotmail.com)
8 November 2005, 2:25 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Master_Kim1108050225171.html
Chuckles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is something I never thought I'd see: a poem based on the infamous warthog-sitting-on-a-pile-of-grendades jump. For the most part this was very good. Nice length, good word choices and a wry wit throughout. My only complaint is that you regularly screwed up your rhythm. Although it is acceptable to vary your poem's form here and there, you have to avoid making things awkward: and this got awkward often.

Still, you have a lot of talent and this was a good submission. Hope to see more from you.

C.T. Clown
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.

A very unique subject on which to base a poem. Or piece of FF in general. I, like Chuckles, can say that I was no expecting this at all. The title, to me, was actually a pretty good one; and while it did make me think it would be a poem, I was not expecting one along these lines. Not at all.

It was written pretty well. Everything came across fairly well. But, I did see the same problem that Chuck did. The rhythm kept jumping around. Now, a poem does not have to rhyme, but if you try to make it, do so consistently, else it actually turns out worse. And like I said, don't think that you absolutely have to make a poem rhyme. Some are better off not--but if you really try, and make each line fit within a ryhming sheme, it turns into something quite enjoyable to read.

You have some skill, just keep practicing and listening to advice to improve it. Good luck.
SYSTEM
The Hammer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I like the idea of comparing the pause it dialogue box to a blue platform, hah, this was pretty funny.

Well, I'm not too big on matching up syllables, because my standards for poetry are generally lower, so I'll say, this was pretty damn nice and creative. Maybe you should show it to the guys who do that warthog jump thing.

And this is the last time Michael and I try whacking each others' characters to death and hitting 'revert to saved.'

- Dave.

"When in doubt, empty your magazine." - Murphy's first law of combat operations.
Master Kim

Location: Warwick, Rhode Island, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have to admit, I screwed up the rhythm on some parts. Especially the end. I was getting tired and I wanted to go to sleep, can you blame me? (That was rhetorical, and if you answer that, I will launch a warthog at you.)

But thanks for the compliments. I will make more game-aware poems such as this in the future. There's a chance I'll start a fan-fic series. But for now, I shall work on the poems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: