HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Siege of Palatine: Part 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: The Siege of Palatine: Part 5 Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

The Siege of Palatine: Part 5
Posted by Arthur Wellesley (arthur_wellesly@hotmail.com)
31 October 2005, 3:59 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Arthur_Welle1031050359381.html
Caleb the Jackal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply beautiful. Perfect use of code. Nice gps. I have no complaints at all. Great read.

Keep it up.

Caleb
Wellington

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man.
jmizzer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job i don't have anthing to say except nice job or you know what it was awsome
SeverianofUrth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. This is my first time reading this series, I think, and though I'm a bit puzzled as to who the Areani might be (and to find out, I'm going to read your other chapters), I enjoyed. Some rough phrasings caught my eyes, though:

Quote:
Burke seemed to know where they were going without his help and the Areani would probably end up guiding himself through the forest.

Shouldn't it have been him instead of himself? Also, there should have been, I think, a comma after without his help.

Quote:
On top of his perfectly reasonable concerns he was beginning to worry that his exhaustion was affecting his mind

A personal preference, but I think the his before exhausition could have been taken out. We know who is beginning to be affected by fatigue, after all. There should also have been a comma after concerns.

Quote:
He remembered how completely he had broken down when he had been found by a search and rescue team

Also, I thought completely could have been taken out, as well.

Well, most of these 'errors' were mostly personal quirks, that I have. I just felt that some words were just pretty placeholders, or space-fillers, and that they weren't needed. But watch out for those commas. I think you need more of them.

Again, a great job. I'm looking forward to the next chapter, as soon as I finish with your previous chapters.
Wellington

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sevarian, I agree on all accounts except in the first. I used "himself" because I mentioned Burke earlier in the sentence and did not want to have a confusing pronoun referring to either Miller or Burke. Though I agree the sentence structure needed some work upon review.

Thanks a lot, man, you obviously read it deeply. I appreciate it.

- Arthur
EliteSupaSpartan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is byfar one of the greatest fan fiction series I've ever read. I read all your series because I got wrapped entirely into the plot of the story. Keep up the great work
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Michael Archer

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Inner Planets, Too bad it won't let me go farther.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: story Reply with quote

I haven't red this story yet but I realized one thing.

John Miller? I love Saving Private Ryan too!

Edit: I just read it now. Very very good. The only thing that got me confused is which branch these guys are in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: