HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long Time Gone Part 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Long Time Gone Part 17 Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Long Time Gone Part 17
Posted by grylsy (grylsy@hotmail.com)
21 September 2004, 7:33 AM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=grylsy.09210407334417.html
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about anyone else, but lately this series has seemed to get more lacking of detail and things to keep it going. I'm just sayin' that you seem to write these with a lack of enthusiasm; without detail and real material to get into. That disapoints me.
There were some places that you got repedative. Also, your paragraphs were a little too short, just drawing on...
Your weapons handing out seemed a little unprofessional, as well. Like it was all fun and games and wasn't serious about it.
MasterSushi

Location: Sitting in a chair. On my own. Eating cupcakes. And people tell me to get a life. Ha.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with His Majesty of Reveiws MCC Very Happy
Not much else to say really.
Keep it up.

In the sea, no one can hear you scream...
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed this after thinking about this story for a while. You mentioned something about a "bull pop" configuration like the MA5 series of weapons. Well, first of all, its bull-pup, not -pop. Second of all, the MA5B wasn't a bull-pup configuration. The magazine in the AR inserted to the front of the trigger, not bull-pup style.
Just a detail.
fallschirmjager

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know wether you are refering to the MA5B in tFoR but in the actual game HALO the MA5B is bull-pup... On the reload master chief pulls the bolt back and locks it in its head. Then he removes the magazine; clearing from behind his hand still grasping the pistol grip, replaces the magazine and smacks the bolt and its ready to shoot. Look on any picture of teh MA5B, the magazine is BEHIND the triger. There is no magazine housing for it...

BTW this is grylsy...

Will you keep my secrets hope to die?
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opps, my bad. I don't know what I was thinking. Yes the Assault Rifle (as well as the new Battle Rifle) are layed out in a bull-pup (magazine inserts from behind trigger) configuration. Gives weapons a longer barrel, provising slightly better accuracy. Though the more complicated firing mechanism has a higher chance of malfunctioning; it's the future, maybe they fixed it.
Anyway, my point is: bull-pup, not "bull pop".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: