HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

War Is Just A Game-Poem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: War Is Just A Game-Poem Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

War Is Just A Game-Poem
Posted by Mind_Affecting_Parasite
18 September 2004, 11:10 PM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=mind_affecti.0918042310341.html
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good, for a poem. Could have flowed better at the beginning and center parts. That single block or rhyme was interesting. Also, I would have liked a bit or two about the rewards you get from war; stuff you fight for an win, something like that. The way it was was more of a negative tone... I suppose that was okay.
Swift'n'Painful

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, I like it quite a lot there MAP, war is a game for some people, they dont take it seriously, thats when they become pyhscotic and kill everyone and it doesn't affect them at all in the least little bit Twisted Evil . And yes the rewards for war are great and sometimes not so great. I find myself at times becoming passionate about it when I see the enemy being killed, which I shouldn't of course.
Chuckles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice poem, although I saw no Halo content. Still, I get the point.

C.T. Clown
67ShelbyGT500M

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to say, Mind, that I think your poem is an important message to gamers. I think it is important, that while they can enjoy video games, they should have a greater understanding of what it is really like in the battlefield, and not just pixels on a screen. No, I have never seen war personally, and yes, I do play war games. However, I have the upmost respect for our brothers and sisters in arms who are willing to put their lives on the line for our freedom, and the freedom of others. My grandfather was in the Army Air Corps in WWII and I wear his dogtags everyday in honor of him. I do not understand personally what it is like to be shot at, but I have had a gun pointed at me, so I can understand slightly, the fear of being shot. If you have fought in Iraq or another conflict, I take off my hat for you. Thank you, for writing a powerful, and moving poem, and if you have fought for this great land of ours, thank you so very much for risking so much, for the rest of this nation. God Bless our troops in Iraq, and God Bless America!
Jenkins

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Dude! That was pure sweetness. I could actually feel the intensity of your words rising as the poem continued. I'm not very big on poems but yours hit me deep.

Hey does anyone else wish they could turn into the HulK?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: