HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Short Tales of Terror (1): Quarantined Space
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Short Tales of Terror (1): Quarantined Space Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Short Tales of Terror (1): Quarantined Space
Posted by Chuckles
25 September 2005, 10:08 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Chuckles0925051008021.html
Chuckles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a new series of one-off short stories, all of which will be in the horror genre. I was going to wait to start it until I was finished with Waking the Dead, but I just couldn't wait. I hope you enjoy it.

C.T. Clown
mplacki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wicked. The whole deja-vu sequence was kind of creepy, although I'm waiting for an explanation later on why that happened. Wink

Something that wears dead bodies like a suit... now that's an interesting concept...
Pink Skittles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was interesting, creepy and a pretty good horror story Smile
Swift'n'Painful

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME!!!...

I am left without any words. Towards the end there where Blaine was like reliving a horrible nightmare was really good. But you did mention that this was a series, so I will be keeping up with it regularly.
Random 14-Year-Old

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap! R.L. Stine is writing Halo fan fiction!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Wait, no, CT Clown wrote it... SERIOUSLY, I got a blast from the past with this nice little piece. It reminds me SO much of those Goosebumps stories and other horror books by R.L. Stine that I used to read. But those were always about some girl moving into a haunted house and having her family and boyfriend possessed--seeing this style integrated into the Halo universe is just. Freakin. Cool.

VERY interested in these evil spirit things...and how they might be involved with the Covenant in a later chapter, perhaps. That. Would. Be. Awesome.
Mainevent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved it. In a way it reminds me a lot of a story I did a while back with the same semi-premise (asleep man has horrible dream and wakes up to the same things, etc). This one was definitely more eloquent and scary.

I only saw one little area that I might have changed, but that's just for what I thought would be a more emotional effect. It's not a problem with the story at all; more just personal preference.
Guardian
BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense on this Chuckles, but I've read this story somewhere before a long time ago. ANd its not a De ja Vu, its a clear memory.

Now i'm not saying this is you plagarising. But the wording to almost the last letter seems way too similar for my first read.
Chuckles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow wrote:
Quote:
No offense on this Chuckles, but I've read this story somewhere before a long time ago. ANd its not a De ja Vu, its a clear memory.

Now i'm not saying this is you plagarising. But the wording to almost the last letter seems way too similar for my first read.

Don't just drop a statement like that on here without saying where you read it, Shadow. This story was 100% mine, and I have never read anything like it. In fact, I had a list of endings and plot points that I purposely avoided to keep from copying or being predictable.

Again, don't just drop an innuendo that I might have copied this. If you have nothing concrete to back it up, keep it to yourself. I have no patience for such accusations.

C.T. Clown
Mainevent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=mainevent.0422040155031.html

That's the story I wrote; like I said, much shorter and less eloquent. More of a spur of the moment type of thing.

Also, I just did a title search, body search on multiple parts of Chuckles' story, and nothing came back. So you're gonna have to find it if you think he plagiarized, which I find extremely hard to believe considering it's Chuckles.
Chuckles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow, I've reported your accusation to Wado. What you are insinuating is very serious, and frankly, insulting. I welcome anyone to try to find and present evidence that any part of this story was copied from any other source. I guarantee you will come up empty.

C.T. Clown
SYSTEM
The Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quarantine zones?

You mean, like, the Bermuda triangle, huh?

Man, the opening nabbed me like a hook in the mouth, that was pretty good. I also like the feeling of catharsis you experience after you learn it was all planned.

Well, I'll read to the end.

OH GOD!

Man.... I think I'm not going to go to sleep after this... Where's my espresso maker?

- Dave.

"When in doubt, empty your magazine." - Murphy's first law of combat operations.
Random 14-Year-Old

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, though I doubt Shadow honestly read this story somewhere else, he might only be remembering the, for lack of a better term, plot points. A character losing someone close to them and then seeing the friend possessed by a demon/spirit/etc. is a common twist in my opinion. I remember reading an R.L. Stine story where this girl worked with her sister to investigate the ghost that haunted this house--the sister ended up being consumed by the evil in the house and was possessed by the spirit, eventually BECOMING the ghost haunting the house for the rest of eternity.

But now that I've thought about it, that IS pretty different anyway, since Connie wasn't taken in as a permanent drone for the spirits. Whatever. I'm done trying to take part in the debate. Good story.

*edit--I don't think I know what I'm talking about here. XD*
Chuckles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to post the last word on the issue brought up by Shadow. He had made it clear to me elsewhere that he did not in any way intend to accuse me of plagiarism and does not even believe that I would plagiarize. I'll take him at his word and chalk this up as a misunderstanding. So, as far as this thread is concerned, please consider this subject closed.

Thanks.

C.T. Clown
Master Chief Spartan- 117

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn;t read the whole thing but it looked pretty good. Freaky too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: